ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

after my citizenship ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anto84
Newly Registered
Spain

after my citizenship ceremony

Post by anto84 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:24 pm

hello, I just did my British Ceremony today, 13-01-2020, and I have planned a big trip for couple of months so I won't have enough time to apply for my British passport, can I still use my Spanish one and apply when I am back?. And if I apply, Is it any option to receive back my passport before I live the 28th of January?

thank you in advance

a

alterhase58
Germany

Re: after my citizenship ceremony

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:27 pm

anto84 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:24 pm
hello, I just did my British Ceremony today, 13-01-2020, and I have planned a big trip for couple of months so I won't have enough time to apply for my British passport, can I still use my Spanish one and apply when I am back?. And if I apply, Is it any option to receive back my passport before I live the 28th of January?

thank you in advance

a
Congratulations, you may still use your other passport and apply when you return. Check the passport timelines, you could have your new one by then but of course no guarantee.
british-citizenship/british-passport-ap ... l#p1866630
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Re: after my citizenship ceremony

Post by obormot » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:29 am

EU citizens still can exit/enter UK with national ID for now, so if you have it (DNI) and travel in Europe then you do not need passport.
However, is not it that Spain does not allow for dual citizenship?