ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ms1993
Member of Standing

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by ms1993 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:56 am

Noshr67 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:50 am
For xmas and new years how many days am I NOT including when calculating my timeline?
3 days - xMas, Boxing Day and New Years

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:01 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:56 am
Noshr67 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:47 am
ms1993 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:32 am
Good morning all

Today marks 80 WD and no response. I have now sent an email to my local MP requesting support. If anyone wishes to contact their MP, here is what I’ve included in the email:

1. Intro requesting MP help
2. brief description of husband’s immigration Brief history and when we married
3. Timeline of spouse visa application
4. Paragraph confirming that I meet appendix FM requirements
5. Paragraph highlighting my desperation and frustration of the lack of no contact and no decision. And requesting MP assistance

Hope this helps

Wish me luck - nerves are unreal
Good luck hun
In sha allah u will get some positive outcome

My solictor has also emailed my MP saying that we paid priority included the timeline and husbands visa ref number ihs payment ect and wrote w dont understand what checks they are doing on my straightforward application... he hasnt gone into detail about meeting the requirements ect which is kinda making me worry and mines a short letter but in sha allah hoping cz hes wrote the case is straight forward then maybe we will get a good outcome still...

Now still nerves kicking in for MPs timeline
When they will read it
When they will take action
When they will get a response back ect
Don’t worry Nosh
We have different styles of writing emails / letters but to the same effect
I’m worried about the outcome but I’d rather know now than later and have wasted so long waiting for an answer

I imagine an MP will take a few days / couple of weeks but at least it’s sent and done
I dont know hun.. I think you have put alot of soul and effort into your letter where as mine hasnt stated frustration and feeling cz it wasnt done by me... I didnt know what to write how to go about it really

But chalo will not lose hope in allah in sha allah

Plz keep us updated if u get response from your MP ect

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:01 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:56 am
Noshr67 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:50 am
For xmas and new years how many days am I NOT including when calculating my timeline?
3 days - xMas, Boxing Day and New Years
Thanks x

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:24 pm

Generic email recieved from my MP office stating they will only contact me regarding my enquiry and will contact third parties only with my permission and that any non urgent enquiry will take 21 days to respond to

Raziakhan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Raziakhan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:42 pm

Second time applying. (We have a baby boy, he’s 1 year and 4 months)

Priority Spouse Visa -( Husband from Pakistan)

Online App Submitted: 19th / November/ 2019

Supporting Docs Scanned in : 28th / November/ 2019

Biometrics Done on : 28th / November/ 2019

Thankyou Email Received for online application - 28th / November- 2019

Missed a call from HO - 7th January 2020
(Voicemail saying she will call back tomorrow)

Received email saying “NOT STRAIGHT FORWARD” - 8th January 2020

It’s now 13th January and no call - I called the visa phone number and they said decision still waiting and someone will call back. Hope to hear soon. It’s been 6 weeks since we have summited.

Anyone in the same boat ?! I have my phone with me 24/7!! Just waiting for the call 🙄

SNK

Post by SNK » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:39 pm

I contacted HO today (again emailed once before a month earlier) regarding the application and received a generic “I can confirm that your application is being considered and is awaiting a decision”

Does anyone know how to escalate? They advised to send more information about the application (IHS number etc) which I’ve just filled out and sent back to the email I received.

Is this ok? Just wanting to confirm how people escalate because I’m not sure if this is correct or not.

Raziakhan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Raziakhan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:25 pm

AS4LYF wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:26 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:23 pm
AS4LYF wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:31 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:11 pm

I suppose that’s what I’m trying to understand which is the reason for the delay - is it backlog or true complications within the case

Have you tried to raise a complaint?

Re your query about Mirpur - that possibly could be the case? But you are right that they should have relocated to ISB - I remember seeing someone who had received their visa but was told to go to ISB to collect

Wishing you the best for the New Year - May you received good news
Thank You, hope everyone here gets their VISA success in the new year.

there is just one thing bugging me, the HO have called you and your husband before, however in the past 112 working days (5 and a half months) nobody has contacted myself nor my 2 employers, they have also not requested any additional paperwork from myself as they returned all my original documents in September 3 months ago.

just like yourself I am also trying to figure out what could be the problem, I personally don't think it could be to do with the checks since neither of us have any immigration history and my wife has never left her country :/

these are the conclusions I have come to:

- they have not asked for extra paperwork (if they needed extra paperwork, surely they should have asked me in the past 3 months)
- nobody has called myself
- nobody has called my workplace

just a bit confusing. however shortly after I received the "not straightforward" email I did get 2 calls off an "Unknown ID" but the moment I answered my phone the line just got disconnected. surely if they were to call me someone would physically speak to me over the phone and confirm that I am who I am as well as introduce themselves. I mean how can I physically speak to someone if the line gets disconnected the moment I answer the call.
If that’s the case then it could be a backlog? Lack of staff? Maybe a complaint would help in your situation but of course, do so with what you feel is right. A complaint would be dealt with separate to the enquiries but may result in the same response that they have advised you of the delay.

They would leave you a message if they were to call, I hope

I also think any that are not straight forward or are delayed past 60 working days seem to be dealt in the 120 WD. They have been very stealth with this timescale. Normally advise 60 days but actually their global standard is 120 WD/6 months. And interestingly, recently I noticed that where before you could check the timelines for % of cases completed within a certain timescale, they’ve taken that option off their website which leads me to think there’s a back log.
I really really hope so that they respond to me within 120 working days, my 120 working days will be up in about 2 weeks' time on Monday 13th Jan 2020, however giving the holidays/new year I will give it maybe until the week after or the end of the month and pray for the good news.
Hi just enquiring if you have had any updates?

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:32 pm

SNK wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:39 pm
I contacted HO today (again emailed once before a month earlier) regarding the application and received a generic “I can confirm that your application is being considered and is awaiting a decision”

Does anyone know how to escalate? They advised to send more information about the application (IHS number etc) which I’ve just filled out and sent back to the email I received.

Is this ok? Just wanting to confirm how people escalate because I’m not sure if this is correct or not.
Hi SNK
The escalation is done via the call centre - I believe you ask them to ‘escalate’

That may be the email that you have sent today with the requested information.

Could I ask, if I’m not wrong, you were interviewed right? How did it go? How long was yours and your husbands and what did they say to you at the end?

Alinakhan
Mood:

Post by Alinakhan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:45 pm

My husband visa application as submitted on 11th December 2019 and his biometric was in Islamabad on the 7th January 2020, i applied for priority service. I work for my brother, it’s a limited company and I am just an employee. I provided all the documents from my said and the business as well. I submitted 12 months bank statements and 12 months payslips. But in my first pay I was paid in cash and I have explained the reason and my employer have also explained why was I paid in cash. The second thing is, in may and June I was paid 12 pound less it was not matching my payslip as the manger was not aware of the tax code change in April.he explained in the letter that he paid me the amount back by cash. He also explained in the letter that it was his mistake. And the third thing is my January 2020 payslip and bank statement is dated after application submitted date,. Which was 11 dec 2019 I told my solicitor will it be a problem if my statements is dated after application she said it’s fine but I am still worry. As there is many mistake in my husband application. Don’t know what the decision will be.
Please pray for me guys.
May Allah help everyone out inshallah.🤲🏻

rssfed23
Newly Registered

Post by rssfed23 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:57 pm

Any evidence submitted dated after your application date will be ignored, so you have to count back 12 months from the date of the most recent payslip from your application date (and ensure that payslip is within 28 days as well).

Example:
Submitting on the 11th of december. If you get paid on the 28th of every month the last payslip they'll accept is 28/11/19. You then need to include 12 months prior to that so 28/11/18 including bank statements etc.

Alinakhan
Mood:

Post by Alinakhan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:37 pm

My last payslip was dated 30 December 2019.
That’s my 13th payslip as I am showing my December 2018 payslips till 2019 December payslip. But I have December 2018 payslip and my pay which is in January 2019 that was paid in cash. I get pay on the 8th of each month. And my all payslip dated on the 30 of each month.

Raziakhan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Raziakhan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:01 pm

Alinakhan wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:45 pm
My husband visa application as submitted on 11th December 2019 and his biometric was in Islamabad on the 7th January 2020, i applied for priority service. I work for my brother, it’s a limited company and I am just an employee. I provided all the documents from my said and the business as well. I submitted 12 months bank statements and 12 months payslips. But in my first pay I was paid in cash and I have explained the reason and my employer have also explained why was I paid in cash. The second thing is, in may and June I was paid 12 pound less it was not matching my payslip as the manger was not aware of the tax code change in April.he explained in the letter that he paid me the amount back by cash. He also explained in the letter that it was his mistake. And the third thing is my January 2020 payslip and bank statement is dated after application submitted date,. Which was 11 dec 2019 I told my solicitor will it be a problem if my statements is dated after application she said it’s fine but I am still worry. As there is many mistake in my husband application. Don’t know what the decision will be.
Please pray for me guys.

Hey hun, this sounds like my first application I did - I did on my businesses- I provided everything just like yourself - and had a few minor error’s and my account had explained.

After waiting two months (this was priority) and we got refused because we didn’t met the Financial part - and it was because of the errors 😭

So this time, I’m working for a company and getting payslips - I didn’t want to take the risk again and wanted it as simple as possible for whoever looks at our case. Been working since February 2019.

I pray yours works out as it’s so heartbreaking all this, I was having my baby a month later when we got a refusal it’s was such a horrible time for us.

Now we are all praying for good news! On our new application...

Lots of duas for you all ❤️

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:54 pm

Noshr67 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:24 pm
Generic email recieved from my MP office stating they will only contact me regarding my enquiry and will contact third parties only with my permission and that any non urgent enquiry will take 21 days to respond to
I’m really badly conflicted as to whether I did the right thing by contacting the MP

I have this little voice that keeps telling me to just keep waiting and I literally have no idea whether to withdraw my request from my MP and keep my faith in Allah or go ahead with it now

I wish someone told me so much more earlier how nerve wrecking this process is

Raziakhan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Raziakhan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:59 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:54 pm
Noshr67 wrote:
I’m really badly conflicted as to whether I did the right thing by contacting the MP

I have this little voice that keeps telling me to just keep waiting and I literally have no idea whether to withdraw my request from my MP and keep my faith in Allah or go ahead with it now

My husband keeps saying the same have faith in Allah, and absolutely would not recommend anyone to go thru this process. It’s so hard waiting - I keep having dreams I’ve missed the call again from Home Office!

Always playing on my mind!

Praying for you all 🤲🏽

SNK

Post by SNK » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:24 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:32 pm
SNK wrote:

Hi SNK
The escalation is done via the call centre - I believe you ask them to ‘escalate’

Could I ask, if I’m not wrong, you were interviewed right? How did it go? How long was yours and your husbands and what did they say to you at the end?
hey,

The phone call for me was about 15 minutes but for my employer 20 or so minutes. The lady was nice and I didn’t feel intimidated by her so don’t worry too much. If your case is genuine and you are confident then don’t worry. I didn’t used to sleep some nights thinking about the interview but when it got too it I was just relieved they contacted me because I was sick of waiting for communication .. although she did ask me some trick questions where I had to confirm the right answer (as in how I get paid every month) so be very alert if they do call, go to a quiet place etc and stay calm and collected.

HO confirmed that they have escalated and advised to wait 15 days. Let’s see..

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:56 am

SNK wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:24 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:32 pm
SNK wrote:

Hi SNK

hey,

The phone call for me was about 15 minutes but for my employer 20 or so minutes. The lady was nice and I didn’t feel intimidated by her so don’t worry too much. If your case is genuine and you are confident then don’t worry. I didn’t used to sleep some nights thinking about the interview but when it got too it I was just relieved they contacted me because I was sick of waiting for communication .. although she did ask me some trick questions where I had to confirm the right answer (as in how I get paid every month) so be very alert if they do call, go to a quiet place etc and stay calm and collected.

HO confirmed that they have escalated and advised to wait 15 days. Let’s see..
On this forum so many people escalate thru HO and get told 15 days to either get no response or the same generic response that the case is not straight forward and will take time and how much time they cannot say

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:00 am

ms1993 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:54 pm
Noshr67 wrote:

Whatever in kismat will happen hun
And not to say that if it gets rejected then we wont be absolutely crushed but also have faith that whenever it's in their destiny to be here they will in sha allah

I personally dont think contacting MP or not can change the outcome of the visa
If they were going to reject it they still will and that doesn't mean they've only rejected it cz MP contacted them because they have to give reasons as to refusal and if they are silly reasons then u can most definitely do an appeal

I'm hoping getting MP involved helps in my case

But it's all down to individual cases as I remember reading someone wrote how MP getting in touch with HO resulted in nothing
And someone else wrote getting MP involved helped them get a reply

So each case each destiny so different
I dont think theres any rights or wrongs anymore

Alinakhan
Mood:

Post by Alinakhan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:30 am

Raziakhan wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:01 pm
Alinakhan wrote:
Please pray for me guys.

Hey hun, this sounds like my first application I did - I did on my businesses- I provided everything just like yourself - and had a few minor error’s and my account had explained.

After waiting two months (this was priority) and we got refused because we didn’t met the Financial part - and it was because of the errors 😭

So this time, I’m working for a company and getting payslips - I didn’t want to take the risk again and wanted it as simple as possible for whoever looks at our case. Been working since February 2019.

I pray yours works out as it’s so heartbreaking all this, I was having my baby a month later when we got a refusal it’s was such a horrible time for us.

Then thats sound worrying, nothing can be done😔😣
Allah know best what’s gone happen🤲🏻

Alinakhan
Mood:

Post by Alinakhan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:55 am

Alinakhan wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:30 am
Raziakhan wrote:
Alinakhan wrote:
Please pray for me guys.

Then thats sound worrying, nothing can be done😔😣
Allah know best what’s gone happen🤲🏻 May Allah help everyone ameen.

Alinakhan
Mood:

Post by Alinakhan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:56 am

Alinakhan wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:55 am
Alinakhan wrote:
Raziakhan wrote:
Alinakhan wrote:
Please pray for me guys.

Thank u, Then thats sound worrying, nothing can be done😔😣
Allah know best what’s gone happen🤲🏻 May Allah help everyone ameen.

Alinakhan
Mood:

Post by Alinakhan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:59 am

Raziakhan wrote:
Alinakhan wrote:
Please pray for me guys.

Thank you, now that’s sound worrying for me,😣 nothing can be done now, all I can do is hope. Allah know best🤲🏻

Alinakhan
Mood:

Post by Alinakhan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:01 am

Alinakhan wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:56 am
Alinakhan wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:55 am
Alinakhan wrote:
Raziakhan wrote:

Alinakhan
Mood:

Post by Alinakhan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:55 am

Hello everyone, first of all huge thanks to everyone who have shared they spouse visa process. It’s been extremely helpful for me personally as I am sure for everyone out there.
May Allah help everyone through out the process of there application. Thank you Raziakhan for letting me know that the same thing happen with ur visa application, I am worry after what u said but, Allah is always there inshallah hoping for the best.

Please if anyone can share is it okay to go on holiday while visa processing time? Going to see my husband who is in Afghanistan. as my husband application was done throughout solicitor help, application submitted on the 11th December 2019 and the biometric was in Islamabad on the 7th January 2020 (priority service) it’s a family limited company, I am sure they might contact me. my solicitor have advised to go but she said u need to turn ur uk number on if home Office call in any case,.
Thank you, good luck everyone.🤲🏻😊

IsaacIsla
Newly Registered

Post by IsaacIsla » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:19 pm

Alinakhan wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:55 am
Hello everyone, first of all huge thanks to everyone who have shared they spouse visa process. It’s been extremely helpful for me personally as I am sure for everyone out there.
May Allah help everyone through out the process of there application. Thank you Raziakhan for letting me know that the same thing happen with ur visa application, I am worry after what u said but, Allah is always there inshallah hoping for the best.

Please if anyone can share is it okay to go on holiday while visa processing time? Going to see my husband who is in Afghanistan. as my husband application was done throughout solicitor help, application submitted on the 11th December 2019 and the biometric was in Islamabad on the 7th January 2020 (priority service) it’s a family limited company, I am sure they might contact me. my solicitor have advised to go but she said u need to turn ur uk number on if home Office call in any case,.
Thank you, good luck everyone.🤲🏻😊
It depends when you're going away and how long for. I received call from home office only 15 WD days after submission. You could also receive a call as yours is priority.

Alinakhan
Mood:

Post by Alinakhan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:55 pm

Thank you, yeah I am still gone wait till 7th February 2020 and by then hopefully inshallah will hear something. After that planing to go inshallah. I am skipping my first wedding anniversary which is on 17th January. Hope everyone get good news who is waiting.🤲🏻