ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Holding two valid ILR BRPs under different settlement category

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Holding two valid ILR BRPs under different settlement category

Post by ariskar » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:38 am

My spouse concurrently holds two ILR BRP's:

1. Settlement - Refugee
2. Settlement - EU Setted status (family member of EEA citizen)

When obtaining (ILR) EU setted status, there was no mention of return of previous ILR BRP or cessation of prior ILR status. Hence both ILR statuses are concurrently valid. Indeed under refugee related legislation, obtaining an additional status at the host state (except for citizenship) does not constitute a valid reason for cessation of (settled) refugee status.

The holder holds a CTD (Convention travel document - Refugee). When travelling, for entry in the UK, which BRP should be presented along with the travel document? or both?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Holding two valid ILR BRPs under different settlement category

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:09 pm

I link your related previous post here as well: british-citizenship/change-of-ilr-categ ... 93362.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:07 am

Thank you Zimba. The question is new though, in relation to border controls documentation.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:33 pm

Sure. As I stated before, settled status is settled status. Any document presented at the border to prove that is enough to get her in
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice