ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa appeal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

N_a

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by N_a » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:30 pm

moses2019 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:16 pm
Tnc to juane8, it was her story that gave me hope when I was down during my refusal due to an expired IELTS according to their letter,I ave appeal and also received a letter in 4weeks as the other contributor said and waiting for the ECO decision. Also thanks to the other fellow that also shared his/ her time line. Most grateful.
If you want Juane8 Timeline go to search on the toolbar and type SPOUSE APPEAL.
Hi did you just receive a letter and not a email? When did they take the money out of your bank for the appeal and what date did u receive the letter?

moses2019
Ghana

Post by moses2019 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:46 am

@N_a , when u make an appeal ,u will get a letter by post from the tribunal telling you that your appeal had been received and a copy of that letter will be send to HO to let them know you sent an appeal to the tribunal this took 4weeks in my case. The money was taken the moment we made the payment.

moses2019
Ghana

Post by moses2019 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:50 am

I received my letter on 19/9/2019. And waiting to see if the ECO will change their mind on the refusal. Mind you I ave sent a new IELTS certificate.

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:37 pm

moses2019 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:50 am
I received my letter on 19/9/2019. And waiting to see if the ECO will change their mind on the refusal. Mind you I ave sent a new IELTS certificate.
I'm SO glad my experience helped you somehow. Please update me/us about the outcome. And I truly hope the ECO will change their mind. Wish you all the best!!!!!!

N_a

Post by N_a » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:47 pm

Allhamdullilah, today they have taken the appeal payment of £140. I submitted the appeal on 18.10.19, and todays date is 28.10.19. Is this quick? Really hope they look at my case quickly too!

N_a

Post by N_a » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:49 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:37 pm
moses2019 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:50 am
I'm SO glad my experience helped you somehow. Please update me/us about the outcome. And I truly hope the ECO will change their mind. Wish you all the best!!!!!!
Hi jaune, today after 5 working days hm have taken the payment of £140 out for my appeal, wanted to ask, how long did your payment take? What happens after this?
Looking forward to your reply :)

moses2019
Ghana

Post by moses2019 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:41 pm

@juane8, just got an email from the HO that the refusal has been overturn.This is after 6weeks of receiving a letter from the tribunal. Most greatful to God and everyone who contributed to my topic. God bless.

N_a

Post by N_a » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:44 pm

moses2019 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:41 pm
@juane8, just got an email from the HO that the refusal has been overturn.This is after 6weeks of receiving a letter from the tribunal. Most greatful to God and everyone who contributed to my topic. God bless.
Congratulations this is very good news! Can i just ask when did they take payment out for the appeal? And what email address did they email from? And what letter did you receive? Sorry about all these questions

N_a

Post by N_a » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:51 pm

N_a wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:44 pm
moses2019 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:41 pm
Congratulations this is very good news! Can i just ask when did they take payment out for the appeal? And what email address did they email from? Sorry about all these questions

moses2019
Ghana

Post by moses2019 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:56 pm

The money was taking from the account the same day. The letter I first received was from the tribunal acknowledging they received an appeal from me (4week) after appealing and this one today 30/10/19 came after 6weeks after the tribunal one.

Nabeel121

Post by Nabeel121 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:06 pm

N_a wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:48 pm
Hi, i am new to this but really new someones help/advice.
I submitted visa application (priority) on 18th September, i was not contacted, nor was my husband or my employer, we received email on 16th October to collet passport. (I was really happy how quick they did it) however My husband went to collect passport and sadly they refused.
Now, the refusal reason was because we did not meet the financial requirements however i work 2 jobs (i work 7days a week) and i have savings, i could even meet the requirements with one job and my savings but by the looks of it they did not even take my savings in to consideration at all. And to add, they also stated that i was missing one payslip which we did send, My solicitor said they have made a mistake and it is their fault. We have sent all financial requirement documents again and have appealed yesterday (18 October) however i just want to know how long it will take? Surely mine should be straight forward?

Hey I appealed 22 October and received appeal acknowledgment email yesterday 13 November. Have you received yours yet and have you put a complaint forward ?

N_a

Post by N_a » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:51 pm

Nabeel121 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:06 pm
N_a wrote:
I submitted visa application (priority) on 18th September, i was not contacted, nor was my husband or my employer, we received email on 16th October to collet passport. (I was really happy how quick they did it) however My husband went to collect passport and sadly they refused.
Now, the refusal reason was because we did not meet the financial requirements however i work 2 jobs (i work 7days a week) and i have savings, i could even meet the requirements with one job and my savings but by the looks of it they did not even take my savings in to consideration at all. And to add, they also stated that i was missing one payslip which we did send, My solicitor said they have made a mistake and it is their fault. We have sent all financial requirement documents again and have appealed yesterday (18 October) however i just want to know how long it will take? Surely mine should be straight forward?

Hey I appealed 22 October and received appeal acknowledgment email yesterday 13 November. Have you received yours yet and have you put a complaint forward ?
I havnt received anything yet. Payment was taken out 28 October and have not received anything yet. When did they take appeal payment out? What did it say in the email? I havnt complained yet however i am going to do so and get the mp involved. Did you complain?

Nabeel121

Post by Nabeel121 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:05 pm

N_a wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:51 pm
Nabeel121 wrote:
N_a wrote:

I havnt received anything yet. Payment was taken out 28 October and have not received anything yet. When did they take appeal payment out? What did it say in the email? I havnt complained yet however i am going to do so and get the mp involved. Did you complain?

My solicitor did it all for me and I just paid on the day of the appeal which was 22 October. The email I got said that the case has been forwarded to home office and they can take up to 15 weeks to reply. I haven’t complained yet I was waiting for the appeal ref number which I’ve now got so will be putting a complaint forward soon. What was your refusal based on?

moses2019
Ghana

Post by moses2019 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:41 am

@N_a u would need to wait for 4-6 weeks before u get an appeal ref. And pls don't just leave everything to a solicitor get involve know and understand what he/she puts in the appeal form...they can be misleading at times there has been several cases of such.

N_a

Post by N_a » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:30 am

moses2019 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:41 am
@N_a u would need to wait for 4-6 weeks before u get an appeal ref. And pls don't just leave everything to a solicitor get involve know and understand what he/she puts in the appeal form...they can be misleading at times there has been several cases of such.
Hi please can you tell me what you wrote in complaint email. I am getting the mo involved and i am also going to email a complaint

N_a

Post by N_a » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:52 am

Nabeel121 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:05 pm
N_a wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:51 pm
Nabeel121 wrote:
N_a wrote:

My solicitor did it all for me and I just paid on the day of the appeal which was 22 October. The email I got said that the case has been forwarded to home office and they can take up to 15 weeks to reply. I haven’t complained yet I was waiting for the appeal ref number which I’ve now got so will be putting a complaint forward soon. What was your refusal based on?
They refused me because i was missing a payslip-which i did send. What about you? This is so stressing!

Nabeel121

Post by Nabeel121 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:24 am

They refused me because i was missing a payslip-which i did send. What about you? This is so stressing!
[/quote]

Mine was based on my earnings too. I proved my earnings which are £20k for the year but they based it on 17 months after looking at my HMRC records which makes no sense at all. A stupid mistake made by the officer as they can only base it on 6 months wage slips - it’s also stated in the guidelines + I’ve only been working at my current job for 12 months so it’s really weird how they got the figure of 17 months. Anyway good luck with your application, I hope you hear good news very soon Insha’Allah and keep me updated! I’ll do the same :)

N_a

Post by N_a » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:25 pm

Nabeel121 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:24 am
Mine was based on my earnings too. I proved my earnings which are £20k for the year but they based it on 17 months after looking at my HMRC records which makes no sense at all. A stupid mistake made by the officer as they can only base it on 6 months wage slips - it’s also stated in the guidelines + I’ve only been working at my current job for 12 months so it’s really weird how they got the figure of 17 months. Anyway good luck with your application, I hope you hear good news very soon Insha’Allah and keep me updated! I’ll do the same :)
[/quote]

Hi! Got an update! Health charge was refunded on 16th November, and today, 18th november i recieved the acknowledgment letter :)

N_a

Post by N_a » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:38 pm

Nabeel121 wrote:
[/quote]

Hi, any update?

Remti

Post by Remti » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:43 pm

N_a wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:38 pm
Nabeel121 wrote:
Hi, any update?
[/quote]

Hey hun. Im planning to appeal too but i just wantsd to know have u got any updates

N_a

Post by N_a » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:56 pm

Hi, unfortunately nothing since I received the appeal acknowledgment letter

N_a

Post by N_a » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:35 pm

Still not received anything and its the 9th week out of the 15.. ☹️

Nabeel121

Post by Nabeel121 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:19 pm

N_a wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:35 pm
Hey, we have similar timelines and I haven’t received anything as of yet. Do let me know when you receive something.

N_a

Post by N_a » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:01 pm

Nabeel121 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:19 pm
N_a wrote:
Hey, we have similar timelines and I haven’t received anything as of yet. Do let me know when you receive something.
Have you tried contacting them? I emailed them twice through the paid service and they gave me a completely different answer to what i asked

Nabeel121

Post by Nabeel121 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:23 pm

N_a wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:01 pm
Nabeel121 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:19 pm
N_a wrote:
Have you tried contacting them? I emailed them twice through the paid service and they gave me a completely different answer to what i asked

Nope haven’t tried at all. Just got my MP involved to quicken the process but nothing seems to work.