ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mitchelle
Pakistan

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Mitchelle » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:58 pm

@rose
I got my card and i got the letter asking me to return my old brp both dated on 8th of january 2020

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Rose2019 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:03 pm

@mitchele

Did the letter have the address you should send the old brc card to?

Mitchelle
Pakistan

Post by Mitchelle » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:48 am

Yeah the addresss is

Freepost RRYX-GLYU-GHXZ
RETURNS UNIT
PO BOX 163
BRISTOL
BS20 1AB

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Rose2019 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:50 am

@mitchele

Do you have to break the card or you just put the card inside?

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:19 am

Rose2019 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:59 am
@fbiboy2002

Thank u, as you have been very helpful
when you scanned your documents to be uploader at sopra steria...was it colored?

also when you went to sopra steria..apart from original copies. Did you take any photocopies?
At sopra steria I haven't done anything by myself the system was down so one lady there helped me and she done it from her computer..its nothing to worry about just take your original documents you used on your application with you and you will find everything easy there ..

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Rose2019 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:32 am

@fbiboy2002

what of the biometrics,did you have to do it yourself?

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:35 am

Mitchelle wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:10 pm
Finally an update on my card
I applied on 26th november 2019 to change my eu family memeber brc to settled status brc and got my card today!
Which is 13 jan 2020. It took them 48 days to make the change.
Now the point of concern for me is that can i travel on my card without updating my details by sending it to homeoffice as i am flying next week can i update the details after i come back to uk or is it compulsory to do it before i fly
@fbiboy can you please shed some light on it thankyou
I don't think it will be problem if you don't update your online status
You got a physical card i don't think no one in the airport can stop you use it while you are coming back
When I sent my card to be updated it was almost two weeks ago until now I'm still using my old BRC to log into my online status they have sent me a letter with my BRC saying that they will send me email tell me when I can use my new card log in
Your new card is valid by itself as Indefinite leave to remain therefore you can use it to travel that's only opinion ...

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:37 am

Rose2019 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:32 am
@fbiboy2002

what of the biometrics,did you have to do it yourself?
No it was from her computer she took the photo of me
And my fingers prints

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Rose2019 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:39 am

@fbiboy2002

Have you sent your old brc card back to home office?

So you have to wait until u get an email from home office for u to be able to log in with your new brc card?

anmax1982
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by anmax1982 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:23 pm

Hi guys,

Wanted to get some inputs on a situation.

My wife has an EEA Biometric Residence Card and she also has been granted pre settled status.

Yesterday, we applied online to upgrade her existing EEA BRC to the pre settled status BRC. The application is close to complete and the only thing remaining is uploading the mandatory documents (BRC, consent letter etc). Further, we are yet to make out appointment for biometrics. When applying we got a message to complete our biometrics by 16th March.

Now, we anticipate travel outside UK in Feb/March and since this application can take up to 8 weeks, we were thinking of either cancelling the application or delaying the processing by giving the biometrics in early April. In this way, my wife can use her current EEA BRC to travel in Feb/March.

Now, what would be the way to cancel this application or Alternately to request for additional time to provide biometrics. I am kind of stuck on how to initiate either of these options.

Any suggestions would help. I already contacted UKVI today morning but they were unable to resolve my query.

Thanks

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:59 pm

Rose2019 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:39 am
@fbiboy2002

Have you sent your old brc card back to home office?

So you have to wait until u get an email from home office for u to be able to log in with your new brc card?
Yes I have sent it back second day when I received my new upgraded card with recorded delivery
Yes I'm still waiting for their email to confirm the changes but I'm not in hurry I just reported the changes I'm applying for naturalisation next month..

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:03 pm

anmax1982 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:23 pm
Hi guys,

Wanted to get some inputs on a situation.

My wife has an EEA Biometric Residence Card and she also has been granted pre settled status.

Yesterday, we applied online to upgrade her existing EEA BRC to the pre settled status BRC. The application is close to complete and the only thing remaining is uploading the mandatory documents (BRC, consent letter etc). Further, we are yet to make out appointment for biometrics. When applying we got a message to complete our biometrics by 16th March.

Now, we anticipate travel outside UK in Feb/March and since this application can take up to 8 weeks, we were thinking of either cancelling the application or delaying the processing by giving the biometrics in early April. In this way, my wife can use her current EEA BRC to travel in Feb/March.

Now, what would be the way to cancel this application or Alternately to request for additional time to provide biometrics. I am kind of stuck on how to initiate either of these options.

Any suggestions would help. I already contacted UKVI today morning but they were unable to resolve my query.

Thanks
Wait until you receive an email from them asking you if you want to go ahead with your application or not then here you can say no and cancel it
If you didn't receive any email just ignore the application anyway they give you time to do the biometric if you didn't do it within this time your application will be not valid and will be cancelled

anmax1982
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by anmax1982 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:11 pm

Thanks for that.

Hope if I just don’t proceed with the biometrics, the application gets automatically cancelled and no repercussions for future purposes when we anyway again need to apply for this upgrade.

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Rose2019 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:10 am

@fbiboy2002

Even though the document check list says to upload mandatory documents like proof of address, current brc cars, and consent forms only

can we upload extra documents like scans of previous old passport and current passport and marriage certificate?

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Rose2019 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:22 am

@fbiboy2002

also do I have to take any colour passport photograph with me?

In the sopra steria website it says below

If you are applying through the EU Settlement Scheme you will need to scan and upload all of your supporting documents when making your application with UKVI. Please do not upload additional documents with your application when using the UKVCAS service.

You must bring your passport/travel document to your appointment, your Biometric Residence Permit is the only acceptable alternative if you do not have your passport/ travel document. Do not upload these documents to the UKVCAS website as we are required to scan your identity document during your appointment.

I am comfused does it mean I cannot upload any extra documents and I do not have to scan the brc and upload it as they are required to scan it first?

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Rose2019 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:55 am

@fbiboy2002

sorry for being a pain in the sopra steria webiste where we log in to upload document it says

If you are applying through the EU Settlement Scheme you will need to scan and upload all of your supporting documents when making your application with UKVI. Please do not upload additional documents with your application when using the UKVCAS service.

You must bring your passport/travel document to your appointment, your Biometric Residence Permit is the only acceptable alternative if you do not have your passport/ travel document. Do not upload these documents to the UKVCAS website as we are required to scan your identity document during your appointment.

If you do not bring your passport/travel document and/or Biometric Residence Permit to your appointment we will be unable to continue with your appointment and you will be required to book another appointment.

AND

Customers applying under EEA regulations only

If you are online applying under EEA regulations you will need to provide one colour passport photograph, which we will scan and upload for you during your appointment. Please do not attempt to scan and upload this document yourself, as it requires a specially calibrated scanner to take a compliant scan.

All other supporting documents can either be scanned and self-uploaded on the UKVCAS website prior to your appointment or during your appointment at the service point (charges may apply for using this service)

so which is the right one applying through eu settlememt scheme or the second one which is applying undee eea regulation?

if it is the eu settlement scheme one..does it mean I should not scan the brc card and upload it?

Mitchelle
Pakistan

Post by Mitchelle » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:22 am

@rose
The amount of stress you are taking over something thats completely is irrelivant as its their job to upload you documents you going to cause yourself heart attack. Its unnecessary stree that you are taling over little thing save yourself from pain and just go there and you will see they will upload all ypir docs if you havent if you habe already then no problem if not then thats their job they will do it. I am seriously worried for your health just calm down and chillax everything will be alright. Be safe and be happy and stop stressing out! May God be with you

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Rose2019 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:34 am

I am stress...i am naturally stressful person

should I upload the documents or they would do it?

did you upload the documents that was on the check list or you uploaded extra documents?

nizaralipiaraly
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by nizaralipiaraly » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:03 pm

Hello

Please can you advise, after applying BRC, how we can contact BRC office ?

Any contact number or email id, please.

Thanks

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Rose2019 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:00 pm

@mitchelle @fbiboy2002

can anyone reply me...i am stressed!!!!
i just want to know can I upload extra documents or it has to be only what is on the document checklist?

Mitchelle
Pakistan

Post by Mitchelle » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:04 pm

All you need to upload is
Passport
Your brc
And drivers licence

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Rose2019 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:08 pm

@mitchele

Will it be just current passport or also the expired passports?

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Rose2019 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:13 pm

@mitchele

did you upload any passport photograph?

Mitchelle
Pakistan

Post by Mitchelle » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:39 pm

No u dont need previous passport your current one is enough and no you dont need ro upload your picturr they will take it there and then thankyou

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Rose2019 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:17 pm

@mitchele

so we have to upload just what the document check list says only? and we cannot upload any extra?