ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant work restrictions(dependant of tier 1 entrepreneurs)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dhruv-007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Dependant work restrictions(dependant of tier 1 entrepreneurs)

Post by Dhruv-007 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:43 pm

Dear sir,
I am a 23 year old dependant of my dad who is on a tier 1 entrepreneur visa in the uk we have been granted first extention upto august 2020 my query js whether im allowed to work independently or would that not be classified as dependant to my father also it says restricted work on my brp what does it mean? Im getting a few job offers which im reluctant to accept atm but im in need of a job.
Pls clarify
Yours faithfully
Dhruv

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependant work restrictions(dependant of tier 1 entrepreneurs)

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:19 pm

Restricted work means no work as a Dr or dentist in training.

If your aim is to get ilr, as an applicant over 18 you have to prove you are dependent on your father and not leading an independent life, you have to submit evidence of this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dhruv-007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Dhruv-007 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:30 pm

So my brp says restricted work which means cant work as a doctor or sportsperson but can work normally yeah ? So how i show dependance on my father while working independently?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:42 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:30 pm

Dhruv-007 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:30 pm
So my brp says restricted work which means cant work as a doctor or sportsperson but can work normally yeah ? So how i show dependance on my father while working independently?
That is an interesting question.

You say you are working "independently". If so, how can you be dependent ? The two words are opposites of each other.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Dhruv-007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Dhruv-007 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:17 pm

Dear sir i just want to make sure that if i start working for a company is it allowed on my visa? My brp says restricted work i am a dependant on my fathers tier 1 entrepreneur visa so if i started working wouldnt i be classified as independent? Because i aim for ilr as a dependant only so was really confused whether im eligible to work in uk or not.
Thank you

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:23 pm

Dhruv-007 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:17 pm
Dear sir i just want to make sure that if i start working for a company is it allowed on my visa? My brp says restricted work i am a dependant on my fathers tier 1 entrepreneur visa so if i started working wouldnt i be classified as independent? Because i aim for ilr as a dependant only so was really confused whether im eligible to work in uk or not.
Thank you
Dependants are allowed to work. Partners of visa holders regularly take up employment.

As Cr001 pointed out, you would have a challenge for ILR.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:27 am

Dhruv-007 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:17 pm
Thank you
You are free to work
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Dhruv-007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Dhruv-007 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:04 pm

Thank u sir and thank u everybody for helping me out i just had one more query in guidance it says i cant work full time so is full time 30 hrs or 40 hrs in (tier1 entrepreneur dependant visa). Thank u in advance

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:22 pm

Dhruv-007 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:04 pm
Thank u sir and thank u everybody for helping me out i just had one more query in guidance it says i cant work full time so is full time 30 hrs or 40 hrs in (tier1 entrepreneur dependant visa). Thank u in advance
Where does in the guidance says you cannot work full time as a PBS dependant ??! Only Tier 1E main visa holders are not allowed to work as employees (NOT their dependants)
I repeat, PBS dependants have NO work restrictions (except as nurse/doctor in training)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Dhruv-007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Dhruv-007 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:34 pm

Second last page sir not living an independent life its under that second point

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:05 pm

Dhruv-007 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:34 pm
You have missed the key word in that clause :

"Examples of ..."

All of those bullet points are examples. It does not mean that HO will consider you as independent if you are not in employment or that you will be considered a dependent if you are not working. HO will take all the documents submitted into consider and make a decision.

At 23 years old, they will be expecting quite a good amount of justification.

Your initial question was - are you allowed to work. As three people have already told you, YOU ARE.

The document you are now quoting concerns new application (including extension). These are not conditions of your current visa.

Dhruv-007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Dhruv-007 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:22 pm

Ok sir thank u

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:35 pm

Dhruv-007 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:34 pm
The requirement not to live an independent life applies when you apply for a new application

Dhruv-007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Dhruv-007 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:37 pm

Dear sir also how can i prove my dependancy on my father in the best possible way? We have already had one extention even then i was above 18 now second one is in august will it be easy to prove my dependancy and how can i do that what should i show home office to prove.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:17 pm

Dhruv-007
Newly Registered
Mood:

tier 1 entrepreneurs)timeline

Post by Dhruv-007 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:12 pm

Dear sir ,
Would like to seek your valuable opinion and advice on this urgent matter pl...
Visa tier 1 entrepreneur granted in 11/2014 to my dad
Extension granted in 8/2018 upto 8/2020

In the first year absence was more than 180 days and all family finally landed in Uk in 6/2016 and thereafter there has been no absence till date ——

My query is that do we qualify for ILR OR do we have to get a second extension in 8/2020 .

N if it’s a case of second extension what would the criteria and fee be and after that when would we be able to apply for ILR

PL guide
Regards
Dhruv

marcnath

Re: tier 1 entrepreneurs)timeline

Post by marcnath » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:31 pm

Dhruv-007 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:12 pm
Dear sir ,
Would like to seek your valuable opinion and advice on this urgent matter pl...
Visa tier 1 entrepreneur granted in 11/2014 to my dad
Extension granted in 8/2018 upto 8/2020

In the first year absence was more than 180 days and all family finally landed in Uk in 6/2016 and thereafter there has been no absence till date ——

My query is that do we qualify for ILR OR do we have to get a second extension in 8/2020 .

N if it’s a case of second extension what would the criteria and fee be and after that when would we be able to apply for ILR

PL guide
Regards
Dhruv
If there were no absences after 6/2016, then your Dad can apply for ILR 5 years from approximately 180 days before the date of entry. So I suspect somewhere in April/May 2021. Which means that there is a need to extend again.

Conditions for second extension are exactly the same as first extension

Dhruv-007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Dhruv-007 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:39 pm

Dear sir ,
Thanks for the prompt reply and advice
Just wanted to clarify whether we all ( dependents ) also fall into the absence rule
And does my father have to show investment n employment criteria as well or since he has been granted extension already they would not ask for all that ,,
Regards
Dhruv

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:00 pm

Dhruv-007 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:39 pm
Dear sir ,
Thanks for the prompt reply and advice
Just wanted to clarify whether we all ( dependents ) also fall into the absence rule
And does my father have to show investment n employment criteria as well or since he has been granted extension already they would not ask for all that ,,
Regards
Dhruv
For dependants the absence criteria is only applicable from the Date of 1st extension. But that is immaterial as the dependants cannot qualify for ILR before the main applicant.

There is no need to provide investment evidence again but job creation has to be shown for second extension and again for ILR

Dhruv-007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Dhruv-007 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:25 pm

Dear sir .
Thanks again but another query pl😊
What would the fee be and do we have to put in maintenance funds again .
And in your previous reply you had stated that we would be eligible to apply for ILR IN April / may 2020 so when do u advise that we pass the English tests n life in Uk test
My dad submitted his English proficiency cert from his university before and was not asked to do IELTS ETC so does he also need to pass the test
Regards
Dhruv

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:47 pm

Dhruv-007 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:25 pm
Dear sir .
Thanks again but another query pl😊
What would the fee be and do we have to put in maintenance funds again .
And in your previous reply you had stated that we would be eligible to apply for ILR IN April / may 2020 so when do u advise that we pass the English tests n life in Uk test
My dad submitted his English proficiency cert from his university before and was not asked to do IELTS ETC so does he also need to pass the test
Regards
Dhruv
No one can tell you what the fee would be in August 2020. There is link to current fees at the top of this forum.
I did not say you would be eligible in April/May 2020.
None of you would need English tests again. You can do LIUK any time you want before the ILR application

Dhruv-007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Dhruv-007 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:53 pm

Hi ,
Thanks once again n my apology as I mistyped the year you advised that my dad should be able to qualify for ILR IN APRIL / may 2021 as per his timeline I provided you , is that correct pl
Fees etc I shall confirm on website
As for ENGLISH test I was under the impression that all dependants have to pass the test along with LIUK TEST .... pl reconfirm
Regards
Dhruv

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:35 pm

Dhruv-007 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:53 pm
Hi ,
Thanks once again n my apology as I mistyped the year you advised that my dad should be able to qualify for ILR IN APRIL / may 2021 as per his timeline I provided you , is that correct pl
Fees etc I shall confirm on website
As for ENGLISH test I was under the impression that all dependants have to pass the test along with LIUK TEST .... pl reconfirm
Regards
Dhruv
Yes, it is April/May 2021

You are right - dependants need that unless English language was a requirement for the issue of visa originally (which is probably not been the case here).

And of course, dependants under 18 don't need that either.

Dhruv-007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Dhruv-007 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:09 pm

Thanks a lot sir😊