ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Were anybody able to get maint funds letter from citibank?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

maheshrvce

Were anybody able to get maint funds letter from citibank?

Post by maheshrvce » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:05 pm

Hi all,

I have more than 5000pounds in my citibank salary account and today to my surprise I found that they do not issue any such letters and it is against their "compliance". I tried to convince the person in the bank then met his manager and talked to him but they say they cannot issue. Instead they have given a letter which says I have the account with them , which was opened on so and so date and the balance as on specific dates(min balance dates) .It does not talk about maintaining "minimum" ,"atleast" xx funds etc . I know its not useful as a proof but can I send this along with my sealed and stamped bank statements in leter headed paper? Or should I not show them this at all?

Thanks

aragorn99

Post by aragorn99 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:08 pm

Why do you need a letter from them ? Just show statements for the past three months.
I have a citibank account here in the UK and it is true, they will not write any letters.

maheshrvce

Post by maheshrvce » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:51 pm

hi aragorn,

the problem is that the statement does not contain the "statement date"(date on whcih the statement was printed) which is one of the requirements according to guidance . But if the visa officer uses his common sense he can understand that the balance on a day can be stated only on that day or after the day is over he could understand this. But the question is will he?

Guys pls comment I have the appointment on monday and I am really thinking whether to submit or not

arunkumarprs

Post by arunkumarprs » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:32 pm

Thats totally strange that a big MNC bank doest not have statement date or period in its statement.

Can you ask them for a statement with this date in it....

Its basic that any letter should have a "date" on it...

I'm not sure if getting a sign & seal with date on a internet printout statement would be accepted or not...

Any expert comments????

maheshrvce wrote:hi aragorn,

the problem is that the statement does not contain the "statement date"(date on whcih the statement was printed) which is one of the requirements according to guidance . But if the visa officer uses his common sense he can understand that the balance on a day can be stated only on that day or after the day is over he could understand this. But the question is will he?

Guys pls comment I have the appointment on monday and I am really thinking whether to submit or not
WP to Tier1 - From UK

14 Jun 08 Appln Sent
16 Jun 08 HO Recd.
18 Jun 08 Fee deducted
21 Jun 08 Ref. No. Recd. (dated 17 Jun)
19 Aug 08 recv call from CW to collect docs
Ref. No. : PB309*

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:10 pm

Hi Mahesh
I had asked the same from Citibank Chennai. After Showing the PBS guidance document (Page nos: 37 & 38 ) they have agreed to give me a letter . I will be getting the letter next week. Iniitally they did refuse but after showing the PBS document they had accepted it. You can have a try if time permits.

maheshrvce

Post by maheshrvce » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:29 pm

hey sv

Thanks for the reply. You know what even for me these guys have told I can get that kind of letter from citibank chennai(eventhough account is in bangalore) and I have given a request over phone and they said theyl dispatch it on monday god knows when I wil get.

But pls can u tell me which branch in chennai did u request . I am planning to go to chennai to get this damn thing. I am planning to cancel all the relations of my company with citibank atleast they will understand what is cutomer service.My email id is maheshwu@gmail.com

maheshrvce

Post by maheshrvce » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:32 pm

And moreover the printout of PBS document which has this info is still lying on the service managers desk in bangalore. I tried every possible thing only thing left out was going to his house and requesting his wife :(

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:06 pm

Citibank sucks..They charge 100 RS. if you visit their branch..They insist they i do all transaction on phone/net..But the call centre were not able to solve the issue,so i had to visit their branch..They insited on 100 Rs "Service Charge..
Needless to say, i closed my account with them(that took more than 1 month of paper work and lot of calls...thats a looong story..)
In short, dont keep account with citibank..In my org.(we had corporate account) we call them shity bank...

maheshrvce

Post by maheshrvce » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:24 pm

yup in short citi never sleeps but keeps sucking!

shashi545
Newly Registered

Citi is pathetic

Post by shashi545 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:54 am

Hi Mahesh,

I understand the pain with Citibank. Even I faced the same issue. I don't think anyone can get this kind of a letter from Citibank!!

However, you really do NOT need this kind of letter. Even I had the impression that this letter in mandatory. I applied and got my visa on 22nd July by submitting a consolidated 12 month statement (which has be signed & stamped by citibank official). You can visit a citi bank and request for a statement for any duration. Ofcourse they charge Rs 125 + tax for the visit to branch. Just get a stamp and seal from the official. Also get this name, designation & phone number. This is required when filling the integra form.

I got this letter from Citibank Suvidha branch (Prestige towers, MG road) in Bengalooru.

Best Wishes
Shashi

maheshrvce

Post by maheshrvce » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:05 am

Hi Shashi,

Thanks for the good words. I have one questions here. Did u have all the 2800 pounds in ur citibnak accout and did u show only the statements as maint proof. I am asking becoz I have all the money in this accout and I am showing no other proof(FD, mut funds etc) .

Thanks,
Uma mahesh

vnvijay

Re: Citi is pathetic

Post by vnvijay » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:19 am

Hi Shashi,

I have read the below post & understood, u received the Tier1 visa.

I assume u have applied for Chennai right.

Did you submit citi bank statement for funds maintenance, the reason why i am asking is citi bank statement does not show the balance for every transaction, but it shows daily balance.

“I mean if u have 3 transactions in a day only on final they will show whats the balance. As Tier one won’t put effort for calculating balance during each transaction they insist the statement should have transaction balance and not daily balance.â€