ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer Certifying Maintenance for Tier 2 Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

julianm
Newly Registered
Canada

Employer Certifying Maintenance for Tier 2 Visa

Post by julianm » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:06 am

Hello everyone! I am hoping someone could help me with this. I am currently in the UK and have just completed my masters degree and have been offered employment here. Therefore, I am switching my Tier 4 to Tier 2 visa and my CoS has just been assigned yesterday. Unfortunately, my employer has mistakenly not certified the maintenance and I now have to supply evidence myself of the maintenance. The only issue is that my bank in Canada refuses to supply any such letter or stamped bank statements via secure email. They will only post the documents which could take up to two weeks (my current visa expires January 23). Will electronic statements suffice for now even though they are without the stamp of my bank? Also, do I provide these documents at my biometrics appointment or do I have to upload them online when I submit my application? Could my employer potentially write a letter stating they made a mistake and agree to certify maintenance? Any advice or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

srsw

Re: Employer Certifying Maintenance for Tier 2 Visa

Post by srsw » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:12 am

You need to upload those bank statements online and take the physical statement with you when you go for your appointment (just in case they want to verify or if the upload quality is not good they would rescan & upload).

Your employer may still have option to add a note visa SMS system that they are happy to certify your maintenance and that they inadvertently missed ticking that option on the CoS.

The other possible option could be that they can cancel/withdraw that CoS and provide you a new CoS (if they have enough CoS on allocated) and you haven't submitted your application yet.

Check the sponsor CoS allocation guidance for more details.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:35 am

The easiest would be to request employer to update cos and certify maintenance and add notes.

srsw

Post by srsw » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:37 am

My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.