ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Reissuance for Minor as Passport got changed

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anandh79

OCI Reissuance for Minor as Passport got changed

Post by anandh79 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:03 pm

Hi
I have completed my Part b application for OCI to be transferred to my daughters new passport.

Just realized that I have not entered the new passport number in the application or they haven't asked.

The first page asked me to enter the passport number as in OCI card. So I gave the old passport number.
The second page asked the purpose of using miscellenous services for which I gave Change of Passport and Change of Address
The third page asked me the following
Latest passport number where OCI is transferred. (Is this where i need to enter new passport number)
I guess I need to enter the latest passport number and was tricked by the grammer thinking it is again asking the old passport number.

As now I have submitted Part B and it is waiting for me to upload mandatory application, Can someone

tell me how to cancel the existing one or can i go ahead with new application?

jojo001

Re: OCI Reissuance for Minor as Passport got changed

Post by jojo001 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:11 pm

Just do a new application with a new reference number

Until its acknowledged it does not matter .

Atims
Newly Registered

Re: OCI Reissuance for Minor as Passport got changed

Post by Atims » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:13 am

Yes the grammar is tricky! “The latest passport number where OCI needs to be transferred” is your new passport number