ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on 5 year route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

singma33

ILR 5 Year route

Post by singma33 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:04 pm

Hello,

I am on the 5 year spouse visa and due to expire on 15/04/20. I understand you can only apply 28 days before the expiry date. Can you please let me know what is the process of the online application form?

I have already taken the life in the UK test. Do we need letter from employers to confirm salary? Where do we submit these documents, are they submitted through the online application in digital format? What about the passport?

Thank you for your help

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR 5 Year route

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:30 pm

It is 28 days from completing your 5 years in the UK :!: :!:

Online applications, UKVCAS appointments & BRP queries - Read before you post
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

singma33

Post by singma33 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:22 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I have actually been in the UK since August 2008, initially with student visa->post study work->Tier 2 general then now I am on partner/spouse visa. Which means I have already been in the UK for 11 years.

Does this mean I can apply any time.. or I need to wait until close to the expiry date of my current visa?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:26 pm

This has nothing to do with visa expiry. As I said, 28 days from completing your 5 years under spouse visa. Use your spouse visa issue date to calculate the 5 years
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:56 pm

singma33 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:22 pm
Thank you for your reply.

I have actually been in the UK since August 2008, initially with student visa->post study work->Tier 2 general then now I am on partner/spouse visa. Which means I have already been in the UK for 11 years.

Does this mean I can apply any time.. or I need to wait until close to the expiry date of my current visa?
Why hadn't you applied ILR on long residence basis in July/Aug 2018?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

singma33

Post by singma33 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:32 am

Hello, It is because I was on the partner visa and I still had many months of remain left. I did not want to switch so soon after paying so much money applying. Now I am on the 5 year partner leave so I am planning to apply on this route for the indefinite leave. Is this still okay?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:34 pm

Yes it is ok

singma33

ILR on 5 year route

Post by singma33 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:30 pm

Hello,

I took the life in the UK test, I have evidence of English requirements and I meed the financial requirement. My visa is expiring on 15/04/2020 and I am looking to apply sometime next month. I originally arrived in the UK in 2008 however I did not apply in 2018 because my partner visa had not expired back then. I am now applying under the 5 year partner visa route.

Do you need to submit and send passport and original documents or are they only uploaded online? I ask is because I am wondering to do the normal service or super priority service. I don't think my case will be complicated so I am thinking of doing the normal service. For the financial requirement do you require to submit a letter from employer confirming income along with payslips and bank statements?

Thank you for your help

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR on 5 year route

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:22 pm

I posted a link above on procedures. READ it !
You need an employer letter