ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC approved - only 2 years

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

A'rie
Newly Registered

EC approved - only 2 years

Post by A'rie » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:28 am

Hi All,

I have applied for EC with HSMP letter, dated 17 July, 2008 in Seoul, South Korea.
EC was granted, but for only 2 years.
I've completed VAF9 docs and wrote on my cover letter HSMP transitional arrangement and also paid the fee accordingly.
The new visas rules state it very clearly that EC is granted for 3 years.
Do I leave it like this or contact the Visa centre and inform them that it was supposed to be for 3 years. Please advise.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!
A'rie

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:28 am

Do I leave it like this or contact the Visa centre and inform them that it was supposed to be for 3 years.
Yes, you should contact them by phone or email and ask them if there is a mistake on their part. They will advise you the next steps.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:56 am

Since you would have paid higher fees for EC, you should claim for 3 years long EC. it should be easily done, just contact them.

pyke

Post by pyke » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:57 pm

Yes, you should definitely contact them. It would be helpful if you can show them documentation or quote from an official source such as the UK Border Agency on the matter.

FLO

EC for 2 years

Post by FLO » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:46 am

My understanding of what they wrote in the Tier 1 general guidance document is that if u are applying as a new applicant thru Tier 1, u will get initial visa for 3 years while u still get for 2yrs if u apply using the transition arrangement.i.e.Those with HSMP approval letter.
However, u don't loose anything by contacting the ECO to be sure.

A'rie
Newly Registered

Re: EC for 2 years

Post by A'rie » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:40 pm

Thanks for all your recommendations. I’ve sent an e-mail to UK Visas in Seoul on Friday morning. In my mail I referred to the UK Border website and to Immigration rule - part 6, which clearly states HSMP transitional holders also qualify for 3 years.
I got a call back from the UK Embassy, Seoul within an hour asking me to bring my passport in on Monday morning so that they can change the period to 3 years!

Glad I took your advice! Thanks for a great forum!
A’rie

pyke

Post by pyke » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:46 pm

Congratulations, A'rie! All the best to you!