ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for a tier 2 dependent visa with issuance date deferent from main Tier 2 general visa holder

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dryaso83
Newly Registered
Egypt

ILR for a tier 2 dependent visa with issuance date deferent from main Tier 2 general visa holder

Post by Dryaso83 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:56 pm

Hi,

I was on a tier 4 Visa and my wife was dependent on me for 4 years.

After that, I get a 5 years tier 2 visa issued on 17/08/2015 to 31/08/2020. I applied to my wife who was on tier 4 dependent visa as dependent on my Tier 2 on 28th of september. She gets the Visa issued on 17/11/2015 to 31/08/2020.

I know that I will be able to apply for ILR on 21/07/2020. However, I am not quite sure about my wife case.

Some people said as she has been dependent and living with you for 5 years , she can apply with you under form O.

Other said because the issuance date of her tier 2 dependent is on November which means that she has not completed 5 years as a dependent tier 2 visa . She cannot apply for ILR with you and she may need extension.

Can you kindly let me know what I should do in my wife case?

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR for a tier 2 dependent visa with issuance date deferent from main Tier 2 general visa holder

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:36 pm

Your wife already has 5 years under PBS dependant however she cannot get ILR unless you get ILR. So you two apply together for ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Dryaso83
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: ILR for a tier 2 dependent visa with issuance date deferent from main Tier 2 general visa holder

Post by Dryaso83 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:51 am

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.

Can you explain more?

1. Do I need to apply for my ILR before her or with her?

2. Is the condition only that she has been living in the UK with me for 5 years? Which in my case she will be living with me for 8 years and 9 months dependent on my Visas (tier 4 and 2).

3) Or the 5 years will be counted from the issuance date of her tier 2 dependent Visa? In this case what I should do?

4) Finally, should I apply for my wife using ILF using form set (M) or (O)?

Best,
Dryaso

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:55 am

1. You can apply at the same time.

2. Held a PBS dependent visa for 5 years.

3. See #2

4. Set(O) for PBS Dependents. You cannot use SET(M). If you apply together, you simply add her to YOUR form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dryaso83
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Dryaso83 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:22 am

Many thanks for your help.