ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) visa - Living seperately

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

teddy113
Newly Registered

FLR(M) visa - Living seperately

Post by teddy113 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:55 pm

Hi there, would like a bit of advice regarding my current situation.

My husband and I got married in the UK on the 13th of Jan 2020, I am currently on a tier 2 work visa and in the midst of preparing to switch over to FLR(M) visa.

We have been in a relationship for over 3 years, and have been living separately as we both work in different locations. Although my husband has been 'technically' commuting and living at both his own rental flat and my rental flat since July 2019. But in terms of any official documents such as my tenancy agreement and council tax bill, his name has only been added since Oct 2019.

I came across a section on the online application form which asked if we currently live together, if so, when and where. After entering the details it wanted us to confirm submission of the following

'Items of correspondence addressed to Ms XXX and Mr XXX at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, covering the last 2 years'

given our situation, just wondering if it would be sufficient providing these documents despite not meeting the 2 years requirement? or would it be best to complete the application as 'not currently living together'?

Apologies for any confusion from the above.

Look forward to hearing your feedback

Regards,
teddy113

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR(M) visa - Living seperately

Post by seagul » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:28 pm

2 years of cohabitation evidences aren't needed for initial spouse visa application.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

tangocharlieroger
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by tangocharlieroger » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:41 am

Since this seem first application, general idea would be that you need to show some different type of mutual engagement, like photos, proof of any visit, watsap chat etc. which can show your connection (like getting intouch), since ur relationship began. Thanks

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:05 pm

tangocharlieroger wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:41 am
like photos, proof of any visit, watsap chat etc.
Not required to prove subsisting relationship in the UK.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

teddy113
Newly Registered

Post by teddy113 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:01 pm

Thank you everyone for your advice!

Much appreciated :D

rssfed23
Newly Registered

Post by rssfed23 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:24 pm

Just make sure you get at least 3 different sources of paperwork changed over to the same address in the next 6 months as that's when the 2 year clock will start for the 2 year cohabitation evidence you'll need for your next FLR(M) if that's your plan.
Making a couple of changes now can save you a world of pain in 2.5 years time.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:01 am

Korekt wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:05 pm
Not required to prove subsisting relationship in the UK.
E-LTRP.1.7. of Appendix FM would seem to suggest otherwise. Additionally, E-LTRP.1.10. requires the applicant and their partner must intend to live together permanently in the UK. While the 2 years cohabitation evidence would not be a requirement if switching to a spouse visa in the UK, some evidence of cohabitation would speak both to an ongoing intent to live together in the UK as well as a genuine and subsisting relationship. If the application were completed as though the applicant and their partner were not currently living together, it would seem prudent to provide other evidence as to how each of those requirements is met.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:26 am

What exactly in E-LTRP.1.7. suggests otherwise?

The OP stated they got married a week ago and are now switching to the spouse visa.

Why do you believe they would need to submit "photos, proof of any visit, watsap chat etc.", which is what my comment was addressing they do not need to submit for their application?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."