ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filipino with Irish baby to join partner in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Romantic123
Ireland

Filipino with Irish baby to join partner in Ireland

Post by Romantic123 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:36 am

My partner and I have been together for 4 years. She is in the Philippines and I'm in Ireland. Because I am in receipt of Jobseekers allowance she would not be entitled to a visa based on marriage as it would be seen that I do not have funds to support her.
We now have a baby who, I understand, is automatically an Irish Citizen. We have not yet registered the birth with the Irish embassy.
I am wondering if my partner could get a visa to live here with our daughter and me.
I'm hoping someone has had a positive outcome from a similar situation

Romantic123
Ireland

Re: Filipino with Irish baby to join partner in Ireland

Post by Romantic123 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:30 pm

I would very much appreciate any advice or opinions on this please and thanks

Kquishie
Newly Registered

Post by Kquishie » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:30 am

Hello

I’m from the Philippines living here now in Ireland. My husband didn’t have work when we applied for join family visa but was not receiving jobseeker allowance. We got a co-sponsor which is his mother who provided us some needed documents like invitation letter stating that we’ll be staying at her house until we find jobs, her P60 as my husband was not working in Ireand at that time, etc. after 6 months my visa was approved. Maybe try to get a co-sponsor as I have friends who did the same and got their visa. Goodluck!

Romantic123
Ireland

Post by Romantic123 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:00 pm

Thanks for the helpful reply Kquishie, Very much appreciated especially as you have already got your visa and are now trying to help others.
My Mother is 92 so I will ask some other wealthy friends to sponsor her.
I think we will try for a tourist visa for her to come here for as long as possible first.

I wonder what documents they would require from a sponsor. Some people might be happy to sponsor but may not wish to reveal, to me, how much wealth they have.

Happy New Year.

Kquishie
Newly Registered

Post by Kquishie » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:19 pm

Well for us, we showed his mother’s LPT as we intended on living with her until we find jobs and her certificate of employment. We showed my husband’s bank account, some of our wedding photos as a proof that we’re married, and he also wrote an invitation letter. Just try applying for it. Who knows. You only have to pay for the communication fee which is 1000 pesos and thats not a lot of money even for Filipinos. :)

Sumisu
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sumisu » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:04 am

My partner and I have been together for 4 years. She is in the Philippines and I'm in Ireland. Because I am in receipt of Jobseekers allowance she would not be entitled to a visa based on marriage as it would be seen that I do not have funds to support her.
We now have a baby who, I understand, is automatically an Irish Citizen. We have not yet registered the birth with the Irish embassy.
First off, you have never mentioned that you have made any form of application for both your wife and child. Your first step is to apply for a passport for your child . Your Child is not yet documented as an Irish Citizen nor as an Irish Pass Port holder. Forget the fact that you are on Job Seekers allowance , If the child has a Passport the child can travel to Ireland with the Mothers Permission and the child gets a PPS No. Your income starts to go up after the child arrives in the country. 140 Euro a month child allowance plus a further 39:45 euro per week for a qualified child.

Now think outside the box... You are now a single father and need your wife to support you in Ireland with your child... Apply for a long term Visa family reunion for your wife

joker
Ireland

Post by joker » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:58 am

Wouldn't it be easier if you got a job?

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:20 pm

She won't get a tourist visa as it will be obvious that she is applying for one because she doesn't qualify as a defacto spouse.
She also won't get a visa as the parent of an Irish child, as the child was not born in Ireland.

You need to a)get a job and meet the financial requirements, and b)marry her. And then wait about 2 years.

Romantic123
Ireland

Post by Romantic123 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:14 pm

Thank you for all the responses and apologies for not replying sooner.
We have not yet applied for an Irish Passport for my daughter because an error was made on the Filipino birth cert. and we have had to wait for it to be on their computer database before correcting it. I will go to the Philippines to do this next month.
Even if I was to get full-time job immigration don't allow a spouse a visa until you have been working for a few years. I am in receipt of social welfare but supplement my income by working a couple of days a week. This income is declared.
After we marry, I would hope that she could at least come with our daughter to visit for 60 days or more but ideally be allowed to stay. I understand that there is some flexibility in the Governments approach to granting visas in circumstances such as mine.

Sumisu
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sumisu » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:16 pm

Rite OP you are in a bit of a mess and are wasting money by going there to fix a birth cert. A birth cert can be fixed in a day in the Phil. All you need is to present your Irish birth certificate and your passport to the hospital registrar . I suspect you were not present at the birth, hence your name is not on the child"s birth certificate. Remember I said "suspect" above... but i'm 99.9 % sure

Before you go, you will need a Certificate De Coutume to marry in the Phil. To get the certificate you will have to show you are not married by making a sworn Statutory Declaration and witnessed by a solicitor or Notary, commissioner for oaths etc... The DFA will then issue you a certificate , (cost) 66 euro and must be used within 120 days.

Landing in the Phil you will need to do what is called "Seminar sa Kaminyoon" before you can obtain a marriage license, That takes two weeks , Now before I can help you more.

I suspect your partner does not have a passport nor a Cenomar and I also bet your partner has a problem with her Birth Cert or her PSA and i would also stretch to say she does not have Police barangay clearance possibly not even a voter card.

You will need to clear up the matters mentioned above before I can help you further.

Romantic123
Ireland

Post by Romantic123 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:43 pm

Thanks again for the replies,
I was not present at my daughter's birth which is why I need to get her birth cert. amended. I am happy to go to the Philippines to see my daughter anyway.
I realise there is much to do and we will have to take one step at a time. After I get the birth cert. updated I will apply for an Irish passport for my daughter. Her mother and I will get married in the Philippines in the next few months.
My partner worked as a qualified carer in Singapore for about 5 years so has a passport. She now has a business in the Philippines and I suspect has the documents you refer to.

Thank you

Sumisu
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sumisu » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:23 pm

qualified carer in Singapore
Sorry for being a monkey on your back , I just had to elicit out that your partner was a Bona Fide person and had the basic document.

You do not need to register your child on the FBR . You can go straight to having a passport for your beautiful child once your name is on the birth certificate.

You can save time by writing to irishcon@Pldtdsl.net
The application will arrive in 3-5 days at your partners address.

(Mrs Nora Mary (Noreen) F. Trota, Honorary Consul General)
Consulate General of Ireland- Manila
3/F Max's Bldg. 70 Jupiter St.
Bel-Air 1, Makati City 1209 Philippines
Tel# +63 2 896-4668 Fax#+63 2 897-8534

You can not apply for a passport on-line .... Ask Noreen to send the passport application to your partners address in the Philippines and follow all instructions..

You are now jumping the first hurdle to success.

Your next step should be to marry in the Phil.

If you need more help ? Just ask

Romantic123
Ireland

Post by Romantic123 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:33 pm

Most helpful. Thank you.
What do you mean by'You do not need to register your child on the FBR'? I do not know what FBR stands for.
I will ask my partner to contact the Consul General in Manila.
Thanks again

Sumisu
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sumisu » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:42 pm

I do not know what FBR stands for.
Foreign Birth Register