ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any recent successful applications with proxy marriage

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Awdal27
Newly Registered

Any recent successful applications with proxy marriage

Post by Awdal27 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:06 pm

Hi

I just want to start a new topic which is missing from the Board . My question is is their any successful spousal visa applications with proxy marriage certificates ?

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: Any recent successful applications with proxy marriage

Post by Obie » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:11 pm

Provided proxy marriage was conducted in accordance with the law of the jurisdiction were it took place.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Awdal27
Newly Registered

Post by Awdal27 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:37 am

Hi Obie

Yes it was conducted with law of the land. I was married my wife for the last 4 years and have a share finance , sending her $1400 per month . I got a later to confirm my religious ceremony is valid from the country’s ministry of justice . Please note that I attended my wedding but only my Islamic religious ceremony which was proxy .I also obtained all witness statements. I also provided 40 wedding pictures. Travel tickets, my first travel I stayed with my wife 8 months then I was going back to her every year during my holiday time 30 days . I also provided all out communication details whatapps logs and so on . I really fulfilled all the conditions but I am just worrying about the proxy ceremony even though my wedding was not proxy but my religions ceremony was proxy . My lawyer told me that it is straightforward. I earn £60,00 per year and have a full time job and accommodation.

Thank you for help.

Awdal27
Newly Registered

Post by Awdal27 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:07 am

Hi Obie

I really don’t understand the EEA-route but I am a British citizen. My wife and I shared same country of origin, culture, language and religion. Just to update you .

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:17 am

What application have you applied for exactly?

If you are only a British citizen, you cannot apply on the EEA/EU route unless you and your spouse have been living in another EU state (not the UK) and you exercised treaty rights in that state for a period.

If you are only British, did you apply for a spouse settlement visa?

What visa fee have you paid?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Awdal27
Newly Registered

Post by Awdal27 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:50 am

Hi thank you for your reply .

I applied normal UK spouse visa. My wife is back home and never come to UK. I applied “Application for Entry Clearance as the Partner of a British Citizen pursuant to Appendix FM HC 395“.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:54 am

Topic moved to the correct family immigrarion sub forum as not relevant to the EEA sub forum where you originally posted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Awdal27
Newly Registered

Post by Awdal27 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:58 am

Apologies I really didn’t now the the right forum. Can you post the link.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:03 am

Awdal27 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:58 am
Apologies I really didn’t now the the right forum. Can you post the link.
CR001 has moved your topic....you are already posting in the right sub-forum. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Awdal27
Newly Registered

Post by Awdal27 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:06 am

Got it . Thanks . Can someone please reply my previous post about the proxy ceremony . My marriage certificate doesn’t say proxy but it is normal similar to any other marriage certificate.

Awdal27
Newly Registered

Post by Awdal27 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:10 am

Awdal27 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:37 am
Hi Obie

Yes it was conducted with law of the land. I was married my wife for the last 4 years and have a share finance , sending her $1400 per month . I got a later to confirm my religious ceremony is valid from the country’s ministry of justice . Please note that I attended my wedding but only my Islamic religious ceremony which was proxy .I also obtained all witness statements. I also provided 40 wedding pictures. Travel tickets, my first travel I stayed with my wife 8 months then I was going back to her every year during my holiday time 30 days . I also provided all out communication details whatapps logs and so on . I really fulfilled all the conditions but I am just worrying about the proxy ceremony even though my wedding was not proxy but my religions ceremony was proxy . My lawyer told me that it is straightforward. I earn £60,00 per year and have a full time job and accommodation.

Thank you for help.

This is my previous post . Thanks a lot

Janey256
Newly Registered
Burkina Faso

Post by Janey256 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:57 pm

Obie wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:11 pm
Provided proxy marriage was conducted in accordance with the law of the jurisdiction were it took place.

Hi, will this law still apply during the Brexit transition period? Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:08 pm

Janey256 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:57 pm
Obie wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:11 pm

Hi, will this law still apply during the Brexit transition period? Thanks.
Proxy marriages have nothing to do with Brexit and neither does a spouse visa application under the UK Immigration Rules.

Please start your own topic if you have questions about an application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)