ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu/ non EU passport query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sheh1984
Newly Registered
Ireland

Eu/ non EU passport query

Post by Sheh1984 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:46 pm

Hi guys.
Myself and my daughter are Irish citizens, my wife and other two kids are still non EU nationals. I wanted to know at the Dublin airport passport control there are two queues one for EU passports and one for non EU. Can I still go through with my family through EU passport /e gates or do I need to queue up in non EU passport line with them . We are travelling together hence had the query as we have 2 EU and 3 non EU passports in our family. Many thanks for your help

Emu1990
Ireland

Re: Eu/ non EU passport query

Post by Emu1990 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:19 pm

Sheh1984 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:46 pm
Hi guys.
Myself and my daughter are Irish citizens, my wife and other two kids are still non EU nationals. I wanted to know at the Dublin airport passport control there are two queues one for EU passports and one for non EU. Can I still go through with my family through EU passport /e gates or do I need to queue up in non EU passport line with them . We are travelling together hence had the query as we have 2 EU and 3 non EU passports in our family. Many thanks for your help

U need to go to non eu .... me and my wife always go to no eu even though she is irish national ....

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:29 am

If it’s their first time in the country, non-EU line.

As a general rule, also non-EU.

However, if it’s not their first visit, and there are a lot of people at the non-EU line, you should be able to queue in the EU line. That’s what my fiancée and I do anyway. We used both lines depending on the situation for many times. Never had any issues.

cyberhawk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by cyberhawk » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:39 am

Both lines should work.