ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sous49
Mood:

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Sous49 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:49 pm

Ifycamilla wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:19 pm
Sous49 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:44 pm
Hello there ..

We got my daughter's invitation for the Naturalisation ceremony today

We applied together ( two separate applications though as she is an adult) on the 23rd of August 2019.
She got hers before me but I am over the moon

Good luck all of us.
I'm happy for you Sousa 49
Thank you Ifycamilla

waiting for mine now. :)

adam2018
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by adam2018 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:58 pm

Ka1234 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:29 pm
Hi Guys I was got 2 Email:
Thank you for your e-mail
Applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. Therefore as your application was received in July 2019, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.
Thank you
FMT
This one on evening, another on this morning:
Apologies for the time its take to process your applications. I am pleased to say your application, and your daughters application, have been granted.

I have returned your documents in the post today by Royal mail second class post.
Thank you
So please help me which one is true!
Thanks again for everyone and good luck!
Congratulations to both of you, could you please tell me which email address you used?

Ka1234
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by Ka1234 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:49 pm

hannah2019
Newly Registered

Post by hannah2019 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:07 pm

Hi

I applied for naturalisation on 27 Sep 2019 and | emailed FMT for update twice last week and I received the following replies:

Received First Email 2 days ago from MMST FCT Callnotes:
Thank you for your email.

We can confirm that you have successfully enrolled your biometrics.
Your application will now continue to progress until a decision is made.
We will contact you if we require any further information from you throughout the course of the application process. Please note; we will not contact you to provide regular updates and cannot provide a definitive application processing timescale.

AND Received Second email today from MMST FMT:

Thank you for your e-mail.
Applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. Therefore as your application was received on 27th September 2019, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. You do not need to contact us. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

I'm so much stressed. Is any of these emails means any good news? any answers will be appreciated.

Many thanks

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:49 am

hannah2019 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:07 pm
Hi

I applied for naturalisation on 27 Sep 2019 and | emailed FMT for update twice last week and I received the following replies:

We will contact you if we require any further information from you throughout the course of the application process. Please note; we will not contact you to provide regular updates and cannot provide a definitive application processing timescale.

Applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. Therefore as your application was received on 27th September 2019, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. You do not need to contact us. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

I'm so much stressed. Is any of these emails means any good news? any answers will be appreciated.

Many thanks

I receive the same emails. Do not think they did a lot with the application.

Bebu2019
Newly Registered
France

Post by Bebu2019 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:08 am

hannah2019 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:07 pm
Hi

Many thanks
I applied on the same day as you and keep getting the same replies. We're in the same boat!

hannah2019
Newly Registered

Post by hannah2019 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:16 pm

Thank you so much for your answers. I am refugee and two of my friends with Tier 2 visa had their decisions within 6 weeks. This is really unfair that they delay refugee aplications.

Bebu2019
Newly Registered
France

Post by Bebu2019 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:35 pm

Well, I'm not a refugee actually. I'm an EU citizen and married to a British citizen (who, himself, was naturalised within four weeks). I'm not sure there is much logic! I totally sympathise.

wiiq1

Post by wiiq1 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:21 pm

hannah2019 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:16 pm
Thank you so much for your answers. I am refugee and two of my friends with Tier 2 visa had their decisions within 6 weeks. This is really unfair that they delay refugee aplications.
unfortunately this is the world we are living i m refugee too applied in april no reply yet not even getting reply for emails 😓☹️so stressed

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:47 pm

Bebu2019 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:35 pm
Well, I'm not a refugee actually. I'm an EU citizen and married to a British citizen (who, himself, was naturalised within four weeks). I'm not sure there is much logic! I totally sympathise.
I fully understand your point. However, as I said, the majority of tier 1 and 2 EU applicants are processed quicker than refugees. The majority means more than 85% of the these particular types of applicants.

Home Office will never say that they have a special order and priority in place as it will breach all ethical aspects which lead to discrimination other types of applicants.

MoIQ
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MoIQ » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:38 pm

PPTP wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:47 pm
Bebu2019 wrote:
I fully understand your point. However, as I said, the majority of tier 1 and 2 EU applicants are processed quicker than refugees. The majority means more than 85% of the these particular types of applicants.

Home Office will never say that they have a special order and priority in place as it will breach all ethical aspects which lead to discrimination other types of applicants.

One of my friend on Refugee status applied on 25th Nov 2019. He got the approval on 5th January. He is a British Citizen and received his passport today.
During his application, On 5th December 2019, he received a letter from the caseworker to explain his overstay visa time. I wrote a letter of support. He was overstayed for 7 months. So it doesn't matter when and how, it all about LUCK.
Otherside, Me and my other friend, we both got refugee status in 2013 few weeks gap. Got ILR in few week gaps, went for marriage in Sri Lanka in few weeks gap and our wives got spouse visa in few months gap. We applied naturalisation in few days gap and we both are still waiting from last 8 months....... NO NEWS TILL DATE....

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:54 pm

MoIQ wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:38 pm
PPTP wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:47 pm
Bebu2019 wrote:

One of my friend on Refugee status applied on 25th Nov 2019. He got the approval on 5th January. He is a British Citizen and received his passport today.
During his application, On 5th December 2019, he received a letter from the caseworker to explain his overstay visa time. I wrote a letter of support. He was overstayed for 7 months. So it doesn't matter when and how, it all about LUCK.
Otherside, Me and my other friend, we both got refugee status in 2013 few weeks gap. Got ILR in few week gaps, went for marriage in Sri Lanka in few weeks gap and our wives got spouse visa in few months gap. We applied naturalisation in few days gap and we both are still waiting from last 8 months....... NO NEWS TILL DATE....
Thank you for the reply. I do not think it is all about luck. It is all about how quick, efficient and responsible home office is.

ani_xxx
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by ani_xxx » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:12 pm

Hi guys, sorry if this question has been asked before - but I couldn't find.
With online applications - what is considered as a date that the application has been received by the Home office? Is it the date when I submit the online application or is it when I attend the UKVCAS appointment? This is to ensure I meet the criteria of being the country on the day of the start of qualifying period.

thanks!

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:01 pm

ani_xxx wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:12 pm
Hi guys, sorry if this question has been asked before - but I couldn't find.
With online applications - what is considered as a date that the application has been received by the Home office? Is it the date when I submit the online application or is it when I attend the UKVCAS appointment? This is to ensure I meet the criteria of being the country on the day of the start of qualifying period.

thanks!
Hi there

It is the date you submitted the application and paid for it good luck

Hustler123
Newly Registered

Post by Hustler123 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:46 am

Hi everyone!
I need help! I came here when I was just 11 years old claimed asylum when I was 16. At that time I provided home office copy of my passport Got 5 years leave on humanitarian protection base. Applied for ilr that was also approved. I didn’t have no travel certificate or national passport until I gained ilr so after a while I wanted to go on holidays so I applied for my national passport so I did. I applied for naturalisation over 13 months ago it’s still pending I thought it will be a good idea if I apply for sar so on sar it apears that home office is considering of revoking protection and it’s been over 8 months and they haven’t decided anything just yet. just because I made my national passport and I couldn’t get hold to black certificate now my question is has any one come across this kind of situation? I would really appreciate if admin on this page give their thought on it thanks.

Sand6

Post by Sand6 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:26 am

Hustler123 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:46 am
Hi everyone!
I need help! I came here when I was just 11 years old claimed asylum when I was 16. At that time I provided home office copy of my passport Got 5 years leave on humanitarian protection base. Applied for ilr that was also approved. I didn’t have no travel certificate or national passport until I gained ilr so after a while I wanted to go on holidays so I applied for my national passport so I did. I applied for naturalisation over 13 months ago it’s still pending I thought it will be a good idea if I apply for sar so on sar it apears that home office is considering of revoking protection and it’s been over 8 months and they haven’t decided anything just yet. just because I made my national passport and I couldn’t get hold to black certificate now my question is has any one come across this kind of situation? I would really appreciate if admin on this page give their thought on it thanks.
Hi want to ask did you travelled using that passport or just made the passport because ilr is revoked if you used that passport to travel and in some cases if you just obtain the national passport they can revoke it as well.

Hustler123
Newly Registered

Post by Hustler123 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:36 am

Hi there
Sadly I travelled on it to a different country not my country

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:27 pm

Hustler123 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:36 am
Hi there
According to The Refugee Convention of 1951, if you are granted a humanitarian protection, you are still not allowed to apply for your national passport and of course use it at all. It it a breach of the main aspect of the convention. Under no any circumstances granted refugees and humanitarian protected people are not allowed to use their national passports. You should have applied for a Travel Document. But it is already done!
The link for more details: https://www.gov.uk/apply-home-office-travel-document

If your case if Home Office is going to revoke, it will be a claim to the immigration tribunal. Unfortunately, the outcome might not be the one you wish to hear, but you will need a solicitor to arrange a case . I would advise to do it now and find someone.

Hustler123
Newly Registered

Post by Hustler123 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:25 pm

PPTP wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:27 pm
Hustler123 wrote:
Hi there
According to The Refugee Convention of 1951, if you are granted a humanitarian protection, you are still not allowed to apply for your national passport and of course use it at all. It it a breach of the main aspect of the convention. Under no any circumstances granted refugees and humanitarian protected people are not allowed to use their national passports. You should have applied for a Travel Document. But it is already done!
The link for more details: https://www.gov.uk/apply-home-office-travel-document

If your case if Home Office is going to revoke, it will be a claim to the immigration tribunal. Unfortunately, the outcome might not be the one you wish to hear, but you will need a solicitor to arrange a case . I would advise to do it now and find someone.
Hi there!
Thanks for replying I know I made a huge mistake basically my mum passed away last year and I was in depression I couldn’t work concentrate on my health lost so much weight and life etc so the doctor advised me to go on holidays I decided to go holy place for few days that was my 1st and last travel in last 13 years I have spoken to a solicitor he said he will try his best to help me

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:28 pm

Hustler123 wrote:

Hi there!
Thanks for replying I know I made a huge mistake basically my mum passed away last year and I was in depression I couldn’t work concentrate on my health lost so much weight and life etc so the doctor advised me to go on holidays I decided to go holy place for few days that was my 1st and last travel in last 13 years I have spoken to a solicitor he said he will try his best to help me
I completely understand your feelings, as currently having the same. But cold thoughts should always be upfront before any actions are taken.

I wish you all the best and keep us updated.

sanabibi123
Pakistan

Post by sanabibi123 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:22 pm

Hi cm19 did you got any update on your application as i applied the same day you did.it's over 4 months now. im worried i over stay from 2001 till 2007 hoping i don't get refusal base on the that.apart from never got involve in anything.

wiiq1

Post by wiiq1 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:45 pm

Hi to all i received an email
you will be contacted by post in 21 working days.any positive sign this??

Usman786000
Newly Registered

Post by Usman786000 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:51 pm

It’s. I’ve read many posts with 21 days email and they all got their approval. Good luck. When did you apply by the way. I think you send them email for update right?

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:52 pm

wiiq1 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:25 pm
Arsenal86 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:44 pm
I have emailed 2 times NationalityFrontEndTechnicalSpecialists@homeoffice.gov.uk but I only received straight away a automated email :
Thank you for your correspondence.  

This is not a general correspondence inbox.  Unless we have contacted you directly your email will be deleted.  

Should you require any further information regarding British Citizenship you should visit:  https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

Does this happen to you guys, does everyone got this email first and after a proper update?
may i ask when did you apply and under which category?

Hi there

i tried boss emails , the NationalityFrontEndTechnicalSpecialists@homeoffice.gov.uk and the FMT one , and i got different answers, from it is with a case worker to you will be contacted by post within 21 days, the only one that had an address at the end was sent to me by the FMT one that my case is with a case worker and this one dated the 23rd of December . today i got another reply that as my application is submitted on august it will take longer to be considered. So with all that confusion i no more believe any and i will only wait.

Sabri
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Post by Sabri » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:08 am

Hi all, i applied end of June 2019 for my nationalisation and on the 19/12/19 i received a letter stating it will take over 6 months etc. Yesterday 21/01/20 i received the following email (see below) now i am just wondering what does this email mean as they never mentioned that my application is with a caseworker etc i just received the below email. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for your e-mail

You will be contacted by post within 21 working days

Thank you

FMT