ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR refused because of Set(LR) submitted instead of Set(O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vivek211
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR refused because of Set(LR) submitted instead of Set(O)

Post by Vivek211 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:38 am

Good Morning
Recently, I have applied (super priority) for ‘Indefinite Leave to Remain’ after completing 5 years term in Tier-2 general category.

Indefinite leave to remain was refused because of the form I submitted was Set(LR) instead of Set(O). I have provided all the required documents to meet the criteria to get the approval but unfortunately the form I submitted was wrong.
Yesterday, CW emailed me that application has been refused and i should get refusal reasons in a letter.
I haven’t received the Refusal letter yet! I want to know what are the options to reconsider refused application?
Please give your suggestions.
Thank You

ouflak1

Re: ILR refused because of Set(LR) submitted instead of Set(O)

Post by ouflak1 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:21 pm

Vivek211 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:38 am
Good Morning
Recently, I have applied (super priority) for ‘Indefinite Leave to Remain’ after completing 5 years term in Tier-2 general category.

Indefinite leave to remain was refused because of the form I submitted was Set(LR) instead of Set(O). I have provided all the required documents to meet the criteria to get the approval but unfortunately the form I submitted was wrong.
Yesterday, CW emailed me that application has been refused and i should get refusal reasons in a letter.
I haven’t received the Refusal letter yet! I want to know what are the options to reconsider refused application?
If you haven't spent 10 years of continous legal residence in the UK, the absolute minimum requirement for that set of application, then there are no grounds for reconsideration.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:12 pm

That is an expensive mistake. You must reapply under SET(O)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

teddybear79

Post by teddybear79 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:58 pm

Application should have been invalid not refused ;-) Homeoffice is not thinking.

It’s a clear mistake

Vivek211
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Vivek211 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:41 pm

Yah..it is a costliest mistake

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:04 pm

teddybear79 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:58 pm
Application should have been invalid not refused ;-) Homeoffice is not thinking.

It’s a clear mistake
Not really, if you are not eligible for ILR under long residence and you apply, they get to refuse you. Being ineligible does not mean your application is invalid. Invalid has a specific meaning under the rules
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

teddybear79

Post by teddybear79 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:14 pm

I understand zimba but caseoffice knows by looking at docs its a clear mistake

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:23 pm

That is not how it works. You can apply for any application at any time and it is your responsibility to ensure you are eligible. Case workers do not make any assumptions while processing an application. If you are ineligible under the rules, you will be refused. An invalid application however is an application which cannot be processed (e.g you did not pay, no signature, no biometric, etc)

Vivek211
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Vivek211 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:21 am

Morning,

Looks like i have a good news here:)
I emailed CW and admiited my mistake. CW has replied to my request as below.

''Thank you for your email.

It has been exceptionally decided that your application can be reconsidered by the ILR Tier 2 Team. A caseworker in that team will consider your application against the relevant Tier 2 ILR Requirements and will be in touch in due course''

Vivek211
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Vivek211 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:06 pm

I am pleased to confirm that my application for Indefinite Leave to Remain has now been granted :)

Dilliwalah

Post by Dilliwalah » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:13 pm

Amazing!