ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Threat to withdraw Sponsorship

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SR2018
Newly Registered
Oman

Threat to withdraw Sponsorship

Post by SR2018 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:03 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am on tier 2 general Visa Eligible for ILR in a year

I went on maternity leave and then requested to extend it due to my circumstances,i was advised to inform tier 2 team immediately which I did on the email provided on the form for extension,I did not receive an email back which is not unusal

Now 6 months into my extension I contacted Tier 2 team again and they didnt know about the extension and have said that they will be withdrawing my sponsorship

I mistakenly thought I was allowed to have an extended maternity leave because of my circumstances (triplet babies and no family) and that I had informed them(which I did on an email provided on an offical document)

Is there anyway that I can prevent them from taking away the sponsorship ?I have told them i can start the work immediately

This is very urgent and any guidance would be highly appreciated

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Threat to withdraw Sponsorship

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:04 pm

The sponsorship is between yourself and your employer. You cannot really force them to keep your sponsorship but you can talk with them and see what are the options on the table.

SR2018
Newly Registered
Oman

Post by SR2018 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:56 pm

Thank you for your reply I am not forcing them just reasoning with them .It seems like people replying to me from the team are junior staff as they keep repeating the same thing.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:36 pm

Ask them to escalate to their manager. If you are talking to some junior HR staff, they won't be able to assist you. They will stick to the process and repeat the same things no mater what you tell them.