ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (m) proof of cohabitation help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mohammed786123
Newly Registered

FLR (m) proof of cohabitation help

Post by Mohammed786123 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:36 pm

Hello, I have been silently following this forum and find it very useful so I created an account. We are due to apply for flr (m) extension of spouse visa early March. We have looked through letters addressed to us and there seem to be a gap between Nov 2017 and Sept 2018. Bit of background

Wife came to the UK in JUly 2017. Brp ends 28 MArch 2020. We are living with parents I can't seem to find documents addressed to my spouse during Nov 2017 to Sept 2018. Please advise. Many thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: FLR (m) proof of cohabitation help

Post by Amber » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:48 pm

We’re you registered with a GP during that time, did you have bank accounts, were you employed? These questions answered for you both please.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Mohammed786123
Newly Registered

Post by Mohammed786123 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:25 pm

Hey, yes we were both registered with GP but no letters from that time. I have before and after. I had a bank account at the time and still do as working full time but my wife's account was opened Nov 2018. We have lived with my parents and they can confirm this. I seem to have a lot of letters from 2017, back end of 2018 and 2019

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:42 pm

The GP can provide a letter that you were both registered at what period and at what address. What about mobile phone contracts any other providers or any accounts she had anywhere?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Mohammed786123
Newly Registered

Post by Mohammed786123 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:25 pm

Hey Amber really appreciate your help. I will contact GP asap. Unfortunately she does not have any other accounts. Would a gap in documents usually cause a issue?

Mohammed786123
Newly Registered

Post by Mohammed786123 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:30 pm

Hey guys, sorry to bump the thread but could someone advise on the above please? Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:50 pm

1. Please do not dig up and tag onto old threads.

2. Do you have anything in either joint names or her name and your name separately?? Any type of letter etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

askhans786

Post by askhans786 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:39 am

If your application is as the partner of a settled person or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection

Six items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together up to a maximum of two years. See Note 11.

Note 11 The items of correspondence should be addressed to you jointly or in both your names. Examples of acceptable items are listed below. The documents provided must be originals. Photocopies are not acceptable. The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole period you are relying on. They should be from at least 3 different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you. For example - Four items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and two items addressed to each partner at the address. In total eight items would need to be submitted. If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit twelve items (six each) of correspondence, evidencing that you reside together at the same address. If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the period you are relying on, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this. If you did not live together for any part of the period you are relying on, tell us the reasons for this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant supporting evidence. Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide six items; if the items are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the period you are relying on.

Examples of acceptable items of correspondence

• Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing.
• Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
• Bank statements/letters
• Building society savings books/letters
• Council tax bills or statements
• Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
• Water rates bills or statement
• Mortgage statements/agreement
• Tenancy agreement(s)
• Telephone bills or statements

Mohammed786123
Newly Registered

Post by Mohammed786123 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:49 pm

CR001. I can't find anything for that period. Anyone been in a similar situation. Any help appreciated