ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Giving up Tier 1 entrepreneur visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

londonexpert
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Giving up Tier 1 entrepreneur visa

Post by londonexpert » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:37 pm

Hi all,

Can’t believe is is already 6 months since I got the visa.
I went to the UK got my biometric residence permit etc all setup.

However due to personal circumstances, I probably can’t stay in the uk in the long term now.

I wanted to see do I just let the visa lapse or I need to contact the home office?

Also u guess within the duration of the visa if I need to come to the UK for a holiday etc Do I enter via this permit? My country has visa exemption for any visits less than 6 months.

Thanks so much for your help in advance

marcnath

Re: Giving up Tier 1 entrepreneur visa

Post by marcnath » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:01 am

londonexpert wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:37 pm
Hi all,

However due to personal circumstances, I probably can’t stay in the uk in the long term now.

I wanted to see do I just let the visa lapse or I need to contact the home office?

Also u guess within the duration of the visa if I need to come to the UK for a holiday etc Do I enter via this permit? My country has visa exemption for any visits less than 6 months.

You can let the visa lapse. There is no need to inform HO

If you are not planning to be an entrepreneur then you shouldn't enter UK on that visa. The Immigration officers have every right to (and probably will) ask you for the purpose of the visit and you could be refused entry if the reason for entry does not match the purpose for which the visa is issued.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Wikileaks
Newly Registered

Re: Giving up Tier 1 entrepreneur visa

Post by Wikileaks » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:11 pm

londonexpert wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:37 pm
Hi all,

Why do I keep thinking about a Parking Permit for three hours out of which the owner has only used 30 minutes and is ready to leave???