ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

(non EU) Germany to UK on Tier 2 worth it?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MarbleMarch
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: (non EU) Germany to UK on Tier 2 worth it?

Post by MarbleMarch » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:31 am

simple_explorer1 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:08 am
Do you already have a job or are planning to apply for jobs in UK?
I don't have a job but I keep on applying. I'm waiting for the Conservatives to release details of the new points-based immigration system this month as it'll give me more clarity on what to expect in 2021. My other option is to do another Master's degree starting Sep 2020 and take advantage of the 2-year post-study work visa.

simple_explorer1
Newly Registered

Post by simple_explorer1 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:39 am

MarbleMarch wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:31 am
simple_explorer1 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:08 am
Do you already have a job or are planning to apply for jobs in UK?
I don't have a job but I keep on applying. I'm waiting for the Conservatives to release details of the new points-based immigration system this month as it'll give me more clarity on what to expect in 2021. My other option is to do another Master's degree starting Sep 2020 and take advantage of the 2-year post-study work visa.
Yeah the touted points based system (as there also in Canada). Do you know anything as to what it could look like? WIll it be more/less or equally difficult as it is currently? The only thing I have heard is that PBS also requires job offer to be even eligible so the entry barrier is not as easy as the one in Canada (or anywhere else which has PBS). More if job offer is required even to be eligible for PBS then Tier 2 is no different as it is also granted based on job offer. I just don't know if PBS is introduced and with a job offer people do enter with that system in place then will those employees will be also tied to employer like on Tier 2 or are they directly granted ILR or something else. Incase you have any info it would be much appreciated.

One more question, any specific reason you are looking to move away from canada to UK considering canada is already very popular among perspective migrants?

MarbleMarch
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by MarbleMarch » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:10 am

simple_explorer1 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:39 am
Do you know anything as to what it could look like? WIll it be more/less or equally difficult as it is currently?
I think it'll be easier for people with degrees, work experience and English proficiency.

Here's an interesting report:

https://www.lawcom.gov.uk/project/simpl ... ion-rules/

I also read a few months ago that applicants could get more points if they chose to work outside London and the Southeast in less affluent areas such as parts of the north of England or certain coastal areas.

Sources:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... onomy.html

https://www.peoplemanagement.co.uk/news ... ide-london
simple_explorer1 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:39 am
One more question, any specific reason you are looking to move away from canada to UK considering canada is already very popular among perspective migrants?
Because I immigrated to Canada as an adult and most of my family is still in my country of origin. Living in the UK (or Europe) will enable me to visit them more often because it's only a few hours away.They can also visit me more often. I also feel that I fit in better in London.

MarbleMarch
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by MarbleMarch » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:21 am

And here's a link to an old white paper "The UK’s future skills-based immigration system" that was published while Theresa May was PM:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-system

A new report will be published this month by the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) and will explain how a points-based system would work in practice.