ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa with kids

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Student visa with kids

Post by apsk » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:07 am

Hi

My brother's wife want to apply for student visa and ofcourse my brother will get dependent visa, but they got 2 kids, 11 and 8 years old. As I understand kids will also get dependent visa, which is fine but what about their schooling when they will land here in UK ? I am being ignorant in this completely, please guide.

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Student visa with kids

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:21 am

What about their schooling exactly??

They can attend school without any issues if they have a Dependent visa. They will have to follow the process of a placement wherever their local council is.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:27 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:21 am
What about their schooling exactly??

They can attend school without any issues if they have a Dependent visa. They will have to follow the process of a placement wherever their local council is.
Will it be free (as normal) in council schools or it will be paid as Student visa comes with no access to public funds? Then comes another question:

New Uni session will start from Sept so will be their mother's visa (main applicant). And school session also starts in Sept. Is there any efficient way to synch both together?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:32 am

Schooling is free at state schools.

The children have to be in the UK to apply for schooling as evidence of visa and passport is required.

School year starts in September. How long they wait to get a place depends on the area they are moving to and it varies.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.