ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police clearence

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

grgpetrovich
Newly Registered
Seychelles

Police clearence

Post by grgpetrovich » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:26 pm

Hi

Got letter from Inis requesting police clearance from Greece

Does anybody know the procedure

Bealtaine
Ireland

Re: Police clearence

Post by Bealtaine » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:17 pm

Have you contacted the Greek Embassy/Consulate/Mission?

grgpetrovich
Newly Registered
Seychelles

Post by grgpetrovich » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:55 am

Hi

Thanks for your reply..no not jet was just looking for advice or expirience from people that went through that procces

cyberhawk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by cyberhawk » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:57 pm

You need to get a police character certificate from your country of origin which must state that you have no criminal record.

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:40 pm

grgpetrovich wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:55 am
Hi

Thanks for your reply..no not jet was just looking for advice or expirience from people that went through that procces
That would be a place to start. Good luck. :)

mmsa
Mood:

Post by mmsa » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:04 pm

Contact embassy

grgpetrovich
Newly Registered
Seychelles

Post by grgpetrovich » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:23 pm

mmsa wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:04 pm
Contact embassy
Not great help in Greek Embassy..ir to go to Greece in persom or to find some body to go on my wife be half

grgpetrovich
Newly Registered
Seychelles

Post by grgpetrovich » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:35 am

Hi

Hope someone can give me advice. After looking for police clerance from Greece we got that she got convicted for 2014 healt and safety act ..She is living inIrelanf since 2015 and never was aware of court date

Is this a big issue for her citizenship aplucation..solicitors advice that if they got appeal her conviction will be squashed..but will take 6 mounts

please advice

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:26 pm

Of course it is a big deal. Evading a court attendance in itself would likely raise a big question mark, leaving alone the fact that she was convicted.

I found it hard to believe that she would know nothing about herself being convicted in 2014 and moved to a different country immediately after that.

You would definitely need to have the conviction squashed, or provide a very convincing reason as to why you conveniently forgot about a conviction.

grgpetrovich
Newly Registered
Seychelles

Post by grgpetrovich » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:45 pm

Thanks for taking ur time to answer my question and label mecas I liar

We got married in 2014 and she followed me to Ireland in 2015 after our visa app got accepted. We no idea about possible court date ..it was health safety licence renewal as she was working as street artist..hair wrapping for kids. She had legal permit for 16 years prior to that

My question was what kind of letter should we wright to Inis to postpone 28 days notice
Since Greek solicitors thinks will be up to 6 mounts to get court date to get that quash

No need to be smart and insinuate that we like to deceive anybody here. Just looking for heling hand with advice from someone with similar expirience

Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:08 pm

Nobody is trying to brand you a liar. It is the applicant's job to ensure that their application is accurate, and leaving out a conviction is a serious issue. You are not trying to convince anybody on this forum. You are trying to convince the Minister of Justice and Equality that your wife is of good character, and she feels remorse for her action. A remorse letter normally helps.

You can of course argue that you didn't know about the summons and you moved away from that country immediately, but that in itself is not an argument. Whether you knew about the summons or not, a conviction is a conviction.

You should really ask for an immigration solicitor's opinion on whether you should withdraw or withhold your application. Telling INIS that you need more time to get a police clearance certificate, when you have already got one, is inappropriate. They might have already got the information from the Greek counterpart - you never now.