ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Germany-EU Spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Syeda23
Newly Registered
Italy

Non-Eu/EU Family Relocating to Germany as Jobseekers

Post by Syeda23 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:44 am

Hello,
I am in the same situation, I need some help and where to find legal information any legal immigration website f Germany.. I am EU citizen but my husband is not but he has Schengen visa already. We are trying to move to Germany. Is there any website from where I can find what documents are required for registering spouse in Germany for PR. As I read the above comments that stated during initial 3 months there is no need of job contract to show for PR? where I can find this information written ? kindly help me I am moving for family reason. How EU citizen can register as a job seeker ?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Non-Eu/EU Family Relocating to Germany as Jobseekers

Post by ALKB » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:57 pm

Syeda23 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:44 am
Hello,
I am in the same situation, I need some help and where to find legal information any legal immigration website f Germany.. I am EU citizen but my husband is not but he has Schengen visa already. We are trying to move to Germany. Is there any website from where I can find what documents are required for registering spouse in Germany for PR. As I read the above comments that stated during initial 3 months there is no need of job contract to show for PR? where I can find this information written ? kindly help me I am moving for family reason. How EU citizen can register as a job seeker ?
For example:

https://service.berlin.de/dienstleistung/324282/en/

You cannot register for PR. PR is acquired after five years in the country under EU rules of free movement. Your spouse needs to apply for a residence card for family members of EU nationals. After five years (of you exercising treaty rights) he can then apply for a permanent residence card.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

Syeda23
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Syeda23 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:17 am

oh yes residence card... If am seeking job is my spouse able to apply for residence card? or employment work contract all this need ?

Syeda23
Newly Registered
Italy

Germany-EU Spouse

Post by Syeda23 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:56 am

Hello,

I am Italian citizen moving to Berlin with my Non-EU spouse, if anyone had a experience for residence permit for spouse in Berlin would be really helpful for me. Right now I am searching for jobs.

Thanks

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:02 pm

Syeda23 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:17 am
oh yes residence card... If am seeking job is my spouse able to apply for residence card? or employment work contract all this need ?
An employment contract (and a salary slip and a bank statement showing the amount going into your account) would make things a lot easier.

Your spouse can apply for a residence card while you are a jobseeker. The caseworker may make the decision to grant your spouse a residence card on the spot. However, they can take up to six moths to process the application, so they can decide not to take a decision on the day of application, sit on it until 90 days have passed since you moved to Germany and then contact you asking for evidence of health insurance, exercising treaty rights, etc.

At that point, Germany takes the view that being a jobseeker has to 'have a reasonable basis of expected future success in obtaining employment'.

What's your skill set/professional experience? How good is your German?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

Syeda23
Newly Registered
Italy

Re: Germany-EU Spouse

Post by Syeda23 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:08 pm

Thanks for your response, well I am Bachelor in Accounting from U.S having experience of +5 years with Administration officer skills. Right now I am learning German.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:03 pm

Syeda23 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:08 pm
Thanks for your response, well I am Bachelor in Accounting from U.S having experience of +5 years with Administration officer skills. Right now I am learning German.
Germany has a different system. As far as I know, even the big four ask their foreign-trained staff to also get a German accounting qualification.

Admin officer is a job that highly relies on language. Are you considering to take a job outside of this field?

To be very honest, Berlin is full of new arrivals both from the EU and further afield, most with limited German, so competition for jobs that do not require fluent German will be fierce.

Any specific reason as to why Berlin?

Syeda23
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Syeda23 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:55 pm

Yes you are right!! My husband has a schengen visa can he enter to Germany with me ? and then apply for residence permit. Or he need any specific visa from German Embassy ? I am Italian citizen. For the marriage certificate, in Germany they need only legalize translation or with attention ?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:06 pm

Syeda23 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:55 pm
Yes you are right!! My husband has a schengen visa can he enter to Germany with me ? and then apply for residence permit. Or he need any specific visa from German Embassy ? I am Italian citizen. For the marriage certificate, in Germany they need only legalize translation or with attention ?
If the marriage certificate is from an EU country, translation by a certified translator will be fine but if it's from a non-EU country, they can and will ask for apostille.