ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:50 pm

zain2020 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:27 pm
Hi adnane2015
My unmarried partner Don’t want to corporate at all it’s been long time when we split :(
Your rights to reside in the UK ended on the date your relationship ended. You have Jo automatic rights in the UK as an unmarried partner and have not had the legal right to reside since mid 2016 and effectively bee an overstayer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Raj0089
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Raj0089 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:30 pm

Hello guys , I need to know ....
Could a non EU resident who have pre-sattled status if eligible to apply for his non-EU mother under the eu settlement scheme?
Thanks you .your opinion would be valuable.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:33 pm

Raj0089 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:30 pm
Hello guys , I need to know ....
Could a non EU resident who have pre-sattled status if eligible to apply for his non-EU mother under the eu settlement scheme?
Thanks you .your opinion would be valuable.
Only an EU citizen can sponsor a family member. You as a non EU citizen can't sponsor her.

You should probably start your own new topic to ask about this instead of tagging it here which is only for those who applied and are waiting.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:57 pm

Hello guys I need your help cos I'm so so confused.
I applied for brp which was denied cos my partner isn't exercising treaty right and home office withheld my passport.
In November 2019 I got a letter from returns preparation asking me to send my sons birth certificate and proof that me, my son and partner are living together. I sent these documents to them and in December 2019 they replied me saying iim qualified to apply for settlement through the eu settlement scheme.
My partner and I got married in March 2019 and she has been granted settled status also.

I contacted home office to return my passport but they refused but instead sent me a copy of it saying any case worker handling my case will access my passport details through them.

Now today I've completed the application online and have been asked to book a biometric appointment.

Does anyone know if I can do this biometric without original copy of my passport but the copy sent by home office

I need an answer ASAP please.
God bless

Prettymum

Post by Prettymum » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:59 pm

eke123 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:57 pm
I applied for brp which was denied cos my partner isn't exercising treaty right and home office withheld my passport.
In November 2019 I got a letter from returns preparation asking me to send my sons birth certificate and proof that me, my son and partner are living together. I sent these documents to them and in December 2019 they replied me saying iim qualified to apply for settlement through the eu settlement scheme.
My partner and I got married in March 2019 and she has been granted settled status also.

I contacted home office to return my passport but they refused but instead sent me a copy of it saying any case worker handling my case will access my passport details through them.

Now today I've completed the application online and have been asked to book a biometric appointment.

Does anyone know if I can do this biometric without original copy of my passport but the copy sent by home office

God bless
You do not need original passport to do biometrics enrolment... I did mine without it, I just gave the lady attending to me the entrolment letter thats it.

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:28 am

Ok.
What enrolment letter and how did you get the letter cos I've done the application online and at the end it's asking me to book an appointment with UKVCAS.
Did you book with this third party partner and how much does it cost.

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:31 am

Prettymum wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:59 pm
eke123 wrote:

God bless
You do not need original passport to do biometrics enrolment... I did mine without it, I just gave the lady attending to me the entrolment letter thats it.
Ok.
What enrolment letter and how did you get the letter cos I've done the application online and at the end it's asking me to book an appointment with UKVCAS.

Prettymum

Post by Prettymum » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:48 am

eke123 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:31 am
Prettymum wrote:
eke123 wrote:

God bless
Ok.

I got the biometrics enrolment letter through eu settlement scheme to do my biometric one of the post office branches... the service is free.
My case is different from your.. I did not use a third party.

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:41 am

Hi,
Any one from mid November submission??.
Myself submitted mid November and no decision so far received coa mid December. Called them few times but answer is same . Its with case worker for few checks. 😣😖😩

Zynmalikkkk

Post by Zynmalikkkk » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:04 am

My friends mother applied for pre settlement on November 14 2019.
Biometric information provided on November 15 2019.
She received email on January 17 2020.
She was granted pre settlement.

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:23 am

Prettymum wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:48 am
eke123 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:31 am
Prettymum wrote:
eke123 wrote:

God bless
Ok.

I got the biometrics enrolment letter through eu settlement scheme to do my biometric one of the post office branches... the service is free.
My case is different from your.. I did not use a third party.
OK thanks a lot
I hope I'll get a letter as well as this third party agent charges up to £100.
Maybe I'll contact resolution centre

Prettymum

Post by Prettymum » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:28 am

Yes I think contacting the resolution Venter is ok and explaining your case.

Prettymum

Post by Prettymum » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:29 am

Zynmalikkkk wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:04 am
My friends mother applied for pre settlement on November 14 2019.
Biometric information provided on November 15 2019.
She received email on January 17 2020.
She was granted pre settlement.
Congratulations

murmurka
Newly Registered

Post by murmurka » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:36 pm

Hi. I applied for settled status on 16 Jan 2020, today i had my biometric appointment, but when i login into my account it still shows 'please book your biometric appointment'. Is it normal?
Could you please also let me know whether the COA usually comes by email or in post.
Thank you.

Zynmalikkkk

Post by Zynmalikkkk » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:05 pm

ignore this message.
Home office does not update any progress on applications. You will find the same message even after getting your decision and card.
I have personal experience regarding this message

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:38 am

Hello guys,
I've literally read this time line from page 1 to page 83 where it is at the moment.
Loads of useful information. Thank you all.

My question is can I do biometrics without my original passport as home office withheld my passport from previous application as I have called resolution centre and the lady told me to go with any other form of ID and she has made a note on my case but I'm still worried. I also got letter from home office confirming withholding my passport but provided a copy of it.
My biometric appointment is monday Jan 27

Has a son with EU partner 2016
Got married in 2019
Wife granted settled status

Linked my application to my wife
Uploaded marriage certificate
Sons birth certificate
Sons EU passport
Support letter.

Please help out
Any useful information will be highly appreciated
God bless.

DanielD1980
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by DanielD1980 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:22 am

Alijee786 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:41 am
Hi,
Myself submitted mid November and no decision so far received coa mid December. Called them few times but answer is same . Its with case worker for few checks. 😣😖😩
I submitted my application on 22 Nov, had biometrics on 25 Nov and received my CoA on 10 December, however I'm still waiting. Mine should be a fairly straightforward case as I've had two prior 5-year residence cards as the non-EU partner of an Irish citizen and I've relied on all the same info as for those.

quick_eu_question
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by quick_eu_question » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:55 am

quick_eu_question wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:21 am
Hi everyone!

I've been following this thread for a while now but I am wondering for everyone that received a decision - did you receive it via email or via letter?

My wife (non-EU) has been waiting since end of September on a decision, received COA beginning of November, and on the 20th they asked for more evidence, which we provided on the 21st.

She still hasn't heard anything and the helpline just gives the same answer as always "It's with a case worker"

Apparently they can't even confirm if they've received the evidence, as it goes straight to the case worker?

Any idea of how much longer it might take? And whether the decision will come through via email or letter? COA was letter but request for evidence was email so I'm a bit confused haha.

Thank you in advance! :)
Still waiting, last time we called we were advised it's in the "final stages", that a caseworker has approved it but a senior caseworker just needs to sign it. That's now been taking a few weeks - anything to worry about?

I'm surprised this is taking so long for everyone, as the UK government stated clearly it should be a "simple and straight-forward process".

murmurka
Newly Registered

Post by murmurka » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:43 pm

Hi. Could you please let me know whether CoA for non-EU applicants comes by email or in post? Thank you!

Misfits
Newly Registered

Post by Misfits » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:20 pm

murmurka wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:43 pm
Hi. Could you please let me know whether CoA for non-EU applicants comes by email or in post? Thank you!

Hi Murmurka ,

It all depends on the method you use to apply, if you applied via email then you will receive all correspondence via email, same for post .

murmurka
Newly Registered

Post by murmurka » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:34 pm

Misfits wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:20 pm
murmurka wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:43 pm

Hi Murmurka ,

It all depends on the method you use to apply, if you applied via email then you will receive all correspondence via email, same for post .
What does via email mean? I applied via the below link, identity verification by post, had biometric appointment on Monday, but they didn’t ask me to post passport yet, when I login into my application the status is still “please book your appointment”. Is this the same for everyone? Will I receive CoA by email?

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... led-status

lorder87
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by lorder87 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:46 pm

Hello everybody :)
I'm citizen from Bulgaria and have been living in UK since Octomber 2013.
I granted EUSS settle status in April 2019 and I got married for Brazilian woman in may 2019 in Brazil. As she is living there and I'm living in London... we mostly talk by whatsapp and we visited each other before...
My wife applied for EUSS family permit in July and had her biometrics on 16th August last year. We provide all kind of documents (proves of traveling together, whatsapp history, a lot of photos from trips and wedding, my documents proving that I live here for 6 years and paying taxes for that period, payslips, bank statements....)
We are still waiting for decision to be made....
We send email from gov.com and paid the 5.48 pounds on 18.11.2019. She got answer on 20.11.2019 saying:"in regards to your query, your case has now been escalated to the decision making center and one of our team members will be in touch with you in due course(15 working days)"
on 04.12.2019 and on 23.12.2019 she received similar emails... "we escalated your case to the relevant department. You should be contacted regarding your case within 15 working days from the date of escalation"

So, since 20.11.2019 she keep receiving this kind of information but nobody contacted her yet..
On monday 20.01.2020 She sent another email to the gov contact visa section and paid another 5.48 to ask why there is such delay of 5 months, when in fact they should give the answer in 12 weeks period time....
So they answer that: "Thank you for contacting... with regards of your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision"

So is anybody else had that experience with his application?
Is it normal to wait for so long?

Thank you for your help!!!

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:41 pm

DanielD1980 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:22 am
Alijee786 wrote:
Hi,
I submitted my application on 22 Nov, had biometrics on 25 Nov and received my CoA on 10 December, however I'm still waiting. Mine should be a fairly straightforward case as I've had two prior 5-year residence cards as the non-EU partner of an Irish citizen and I've relied on all the same info as for those.
Called again today. your application is held with a department (did not tell which department) there are no notes available and nothing is wrong with application. We will get back to you soon. This is what rep said. Don’t know how long we have to wait. DanialD1980 do let us know if you hear anything from HO.
Thanks

DanielD1980
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by DanielD1980 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:08 pm

Alijee786 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:41 pm
DanielD1980 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:22 am
Alijee786 wrote:
Hi,
Called again today. your application is held with a department (did not tell which department) there are no notes available and nothing is wrong with application. We will get back to you soon. This is what rep said. Don’t know how long we have to wait. DanialD1980 do let us know if you hear anything from HO.
Thanks
Still in the same position as before. Nothing. I've written to my MP with concerns as a business owner and long-term resident of the area that nothing is getting done and the guidelines are woefully inaccurate.

Zynmalikkkk

Post by Zynmalikkkk » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:52 pm

It is too early to contact MP for help.
Many applicants are still receiving their decisions in 60 days or more. I personally know few of them.
Hopefully you will receive your decision in next two weeks.
Hope for best.