ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT curtailment -> Tier 4 -> Tier 2 General (more Qs)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LondonDPO
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Tier 2 ICT curtailment -> Tier 4 -> Tier 2 General

Post by LondonDPO » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:33 am

Hello,

I am being dismissed from my job that sponsored a Tier 2 ICT. It seems that I will not be able to apply for a Tier 2 General visa without leaving the UK for 12 months (cooling period), correct? (Please confirm) Even during the 60-day curtailment?

If I successfully switch to a Tier 4 student visa, can I immediately apply for a Tier 2 General Visa, no cooling off period?

LondonDPO
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Tier 2 ICT curtailment -> Tier 4 -> Tier 2 General

Post by LondonDPO » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:48 am

Sorry, more details: ICT was granted in 2017. I will make less than 159,000.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:52 am

It seems that I will not be able to apply for a Tier 2 General visa without leaving the UK for 12 months (cooling period), correct? (Please confirm) Even during the 60-day curtailment?
Correct.
If I successfully switch to a Tier 4 student visa, can I immediately apply for a Tier 2 General Visa, no cooling off period?
No. You would still need 12 months on Tier 4 or complete your course to qualify for tier 2 general.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LondonDPO
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by LondonDPO » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:10 am

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

LondonDPO
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by LondonDPO » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:52 am
No. You would still need 12 months on Tier 4 or complete your course to qualify for tier 2 general.
12 months on any type of Tier 4? If the course is less than 12 months, I can start to apply for the Tier 2 General 3 months before completion? E.g., I take a 6-month program for a postgraduate certificate in education (PGCE), I can start applying for a Tier 2 General 3-months before the end of the program?

LondonDPO
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Tier 2 ICT curtailment -> Tier 4 -> Tier 2 General (more Qs)

Post by LondonDPO » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:28 pm

My previous thread: uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... 95987.html

1. I gather that to switch from Tier 4 -> Tier 2 General, one must complete (or be completing) a bachelor's, master's, PGCE, or PGDE. Completing other Tier 4 eligble qualifications doesn't mean much when it comes to working in the country, correct? After completion of those others, one would need to leave the country and apply for Tier 2 General outside?

2. Tier 2 ICT -> Tier 4 -> US Visitor Visa -> Tier 2 General, does the cooling period from the ICT become void? Example: I succesfully switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4, immediately abandon, then apply for Tier 2 General "outside of the country." Would this allow one to come back to the workforce possibly sooner than waiting the whole 12 months outside of the country ("ICT Cooling Period")?

3. Re 'applying from outside of the country' - Does the Tier 4 have to be "extinguished" (sorry probably not the right word) before the Tier 2 General application is not considered a "switch"? I.e., if I, after receiving Tier 4, make an application for Tier 2 General, it is automatically a "switch" - no matter if I put my residence as somewhere in the USA, for example? I would have to wait until the Tier 4 is curtailed and ends before the Tier 2 General application is considered "from outside of the country"?

Thank you so much to this board for invaluable advice. If you want to know more context, please let me know.

LondonDPO
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by LondonDPO » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:39 pm

Hoping for clarity on the above - would be great if I could get a shorter PGCE and get back to working sooner.