ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier2 General to PBS Dependent Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raginid
Newly Registered
India

Switching from Tier2 General to PBS Dependent Visa

Post by raginid » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:04 am

Hello,
I want to switch my Visa from Tier2 General to PBS Dependent, since my husband has Tier2 General. I have resigned on 1st January 2020 and have indicated my last working day as 31st Jan 2020.
Can you please advise on below points:
1. Do I have to inform UKVI about my resignation- if yes, what is the procedure/ contact details.
2. Will my employer inform UKVI about my resignation, if he doesn't inform then what happens?
3. Is it mandatory or essential that my employer have to inform UKVI before I apply for visa switch.
4. Can I start my PBS dependent application before receiving curtailment letter from UKVI (60 days letter).

Your feedback will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks!
Ragini

vinny

Re: Switching from Tier2 General to PBS Dependent Visa

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:02 am

Switch as soon as possible, when eligible. No need to wait. No need to resign, unless employment was prohibited under PBS dependant status.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

raginid
Newly Registered
India

Re: Switching from Tier2 General to PBS Dependent Visa

Post by raginid » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:56 pm

Thank you vinny, much appreciated.