ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

REFUSAL BECAUSE OF NOT DISCLOSING INFORMATION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Paji007
Newly Registered

REFUSAL BECAUSE OF NOT DISCLOSING INFORMATION

Post by Paji007 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:16 pm

Hi there
I m having PR EEA plus 1 YEAR living
Today I got refusal for naturalisation as I got 5 years banned in 2017 for becoming company director
While sending application I told my solicitor about my banned from magistrate that time she said is not a conviction
So she fill no conviction
Because of my solicitor mistake my application refused today they stated that you didn’t disclose that u had conviction in 2017
Any advise would be appreciated
Paji

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: REFUSAL BECAUSE OF NOT DISCLOSING INFORMATION

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:47 pm

Hello

If you have a conviction, even for driving, you have to mention it. They will check anyway. So not mentioning is just going to make you look bad: you tried to use deception to get British Citizenship. This triggers a refusal and further applications will be scrutinised under the microscope.

Your solicitor misled you. He should have known better.

Why were you disqualified from managing a company in first place? This can play a role in the evaluation for your good character.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:21 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:47 pm
Hello

If you have a conviction, even for driving, you have to mention it. They will check anyway. So not mentioning is just going to make you look bad: you tried to use deception to get British Citizenship. This triggers a refusal and further applications will be scrutinised under the microscope.

Why were you disqualified from managing a company in first place? This can play a role in the evaluation for your good character.
Usually only a few reasons why someone would be disqualified or banned from being a director, ie fraud or misconduct or bankruptcy etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:48 pm

Paji007 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:16 pm
Hi there
I m having PR EEA plus 1 YEAR living
Today I got refusal for naturalisation as I got 5 years banned in 2017 for becoming company director
While sending application I told my solicitor about my banned from magistrate that time she said is not a conviction
So she fill no conviction
Because of my solicitor mistake my application refused today they stated that you didn’t disclose that u had conviction in 2017
Any advise would be appreciated
Paji
One of the golden rules of UK immigration/ citizenship application or any country for that matter is to be open and honest. My golden rule is that if you are ever in doubt on whether you should declare a thing, just declare it. You will not be penalised for declaring an offence that is not relevant. However, not declaring what should have been declared is a big issue. sadly there's nothing you can do now. I believe your refusal letter would have made it clear that you have to wait for 10 years before making another application.

Did you tell your lawyer why you were banned from being a director?
As highlighted already, the reason why you were banned from being a director could have a significant impact on your application.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:21 pm
Zerubbabel wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:47 pm
Hello

Usually only a few reasons why someone would be disqualified or banned from being a director, ie fraud or misconduct or bankruptcy etc.
Yes, I was thinking the same. They don't hand out 5-year bans lightly. If there is misconduct, fraud, facilitating illegal work... it can have lasting effects on this citizenship project.