ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR-10 Year Route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mamona Khan
Newly Registered

Tier1: Admin Review!!!

Post by Mamona Khan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:57 pm

Hi there,
I have one question regarding my case.
My entry date: 18-02-2010
Previous Visa: Student Visa 2 Years 5 Months
PSW Visa: 2 Years
Tier 1 Visa: 3 Years
Tier1 Visa: 2 Years 7 Months
Tier1 Visa Extension Refused
Admin Review Submitted: 08-01-2020
Completion of 10 Years before 28 Days: 22-01-2020
I am on Tier1 Visa Application and still waiting Tier1 Extension Application Admin Review decision. But, My 10 years are going to complete before 28 10 days dated on 22/01/2020.Can I apply for the Indefinite Leave to Remain on 10 Years basis or shall I wait for the my Tier1 Extension Admin Review Decision?
Please reply my query,
Thank you very much

marcnath

Re: Tier1: Admin Review!!!

Post by marcnath » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:05 am

Mamona Khan wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:57 pm
Hi there,
My entry date: 18-02-2010
Tier1 Visa Extension Refused
Admin Review Submitted: 08-01-2020
Completion of 10 Years before 28 Days: 22-01-2020
I am on Tier1 Visa Application and still waiting Tier1 Extension Application Admin Review decision. But, My 10 years are going to complete before 28 10 days dated on 22/01/2020.Can I apply for the Indefinite Leave to Remain on 10 Years basis or shall I wait for the my Tier1 Extension Admin Review Decision?
Please reply my query,
Thank you very much
You can apply for your ILR. You currently have Section 3C protection.
Note that you cannot vary your application, so you will be making a new one. That also cancels the application process for your extension and you will become an overstayer from that date until your ILR is approved.
You can also wait for the decision and then apply - it makes no difference.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Mamona Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Mamona Khan » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:47 pm

Thank you very much for your reply.Is anyone here to help?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:08 pm

Mamona Khan wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:47 pm
Thank you very much for your reply.Is anyone here to help?
What help are you looking for ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Mamona Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Mamona Khan » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:43 pm

Should i apply for Set ILR application after 22nd January?Because, I still did not get Admin Review decision yet and my 3C is still continue.Usually, 90% percent cases AR get refuse. Should i wait for AR decision or apply after 22nd Jan.
Many Thnx in advance.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:17 am

Mamona Khan wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:43 pm
Should i apply for Set ILR application after 22nd January?Because, I still did not get Admin Review decision yet and my 3C is still continue.Usually, 90% percent cases AR get refuse. Should i wait for AR decision or apply after 22nd Jan.
Many Thnx in advance.
And what is that was not clear about my earlier answer ?

Mamona Khan
Newly Registered

ILR Settlement!!!

Post by Mamona Khan » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:44 pm

I am going to apply for ILR ON 10 years basis.My BRP extension is in Feb 2020.
I had applied my Tier1 Extension and all my Docs are on HO.Meanwhile my passport was expired in April 2019 and I made the new one in April,2019 from Embassy.
I have question,I made new passport but did not inform to Ho and now will take at BRP center can HO make any objection on passport later on for my ILR Application that I did not inform earlier on.
Looking forward for reply.

London22
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Settlement!!!

Post by London22 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:46 pm

Mamona Khan wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:44 pm
I had applied my Tier1 Extension and all my Docs are on HO.Meanwhile my passport was expired in April 2019 and I made the new one in April,2019 from Embassy.
I have question,I made new passport but did not inform to Ho and now will take at BRP center can HO make any objection on passport later on for my ILR Application that I did not inform earlier on.
You should seek legal advise from an intelligent lawyer asap &I think should apply for ILR.Asking here isn't enough legally as none of the guys here are lawyers so only share their knowledge .If I was in your situation would see an intelligent lawyer &apply for ILR without wasting time.Goodluck.

marcnath

Re: ILR Settlement!!!

Post by marcnath » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:14 am

Mamona Khan wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:44 pm
There is no requirement to inform HO about your passport change

Mamona Khan
Newly Registered

ILR-10 Year Route

Post by Mamona Khan » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:24 pm

Hi there,
Visa Stamp Date: 21-12-2009
My entry date: 20-02-2010
Tier1 Visa Extension Refused: 22-12-2019
Admin Review Submitted: 10-01-2020
Completion of 10 Years: 19-02-2020
Completion of 10 Years before 28 Days : 22-01-2020
Applied ILR Dare: 06-02-2020
This is my older History for staying in UK and I have no gaps and refusal until 22nd Dec, 2019.I have applied ILR basis on 10 Years before roughly sixteen days ago. HO refused my case on these basis.
“ To clarify this: although Paragraph 39E means that you are not considered an overstayer under the Immigration Rules and such meets the requirement outlined in Paragraph 276B(v), our own guidance means that your out-of-time application did not engage Section 3C of the Immigration Rules and you stopped being continuously resident with respect to Paragraph 276B(i)(a) on 05th February 2020. As this date is fewer than 10 years after your arrival, your application must be refused”
When refusing an application on the grounds it was made by an applicant who has overstayed by more than 28 days, you must consider any evidence of exceptional circumstances which prevented the applicant from applying within the first 28 days of overstaying.
The threshold for what constitutes ‘exceptional circumstances’ is high but could include delays resulting from unexpected or unforeseeable causes. For example:
• Serious illness which meant the applicant, or their rability to provide necessary documents – this would only apply in exceptional or unavoidable circumstances beyond the applicant’s control, for example:
o it is the fault of the Home Office because it lost or delayed returning travel documents
o there is a delay because the applicant cannot replace their documents quickly because of theft, fire or flood – the applicant must send evidence of the date of loss and the date replacement documents were sought presentative was not able to submit the application in time – this must be supported by appropriate medical documentation
• Travel or postal delays which meant the applicant, or their representative was not able to submit the application in time
In considering your application it was considered whether the exercise of discretion was appropriate, as you could not demonstrate 10 years continuous lawful residence.
You have failed to provide any exceptional reasons in support of your out of time applications. With this in mind, it is considered that it is not appropriate to exercise discretion in your case.
We are not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph 276B (i)(a) of the Immigration Rules.

However, in all cases where the requirement to have accrued 10 years lawful residence in the UK has not been satisfied, it is also considered whether discretion should be exercised."

HO refused my case got email few days back on these ground? And, gave to me appeal right. Can anyone help in this regard? I am really worry for it please.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR-10 Year Route

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:40 pm

I believe here the caseworker failed to exercise the 28 days concession in the SET(LR) guide:
You can grant an application if it is considered 28 days or less before the applicant
completes the required qualifying period
, provided they meet all the other rules for
long residence.
The HO cannot argue that someone must complete at least 10 years as per 276B (i)(a) of the Immigration Rules while also exercising that concession. The said concession explicitly allows the caseworker to grant ILR to someone when technically they did not satisfy 276B (i)(a) of the Immigration Rules. You should certainly appeal this

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 6.0ext.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Mamona Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Mamona Khan » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:15 am

Zimba wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:40 pm
I believe here the caseworker failed to exercise the 28 days concession in the SET(LR) guide:
You can grant an application if it is considered 28 days or less before the applicant
completes the required qualifying period
, provided they meet all the other rules for
long residence.
The HO cannot argue that someone must complete at least 10 years as per 276B (i)(a) of the Immigration Rules while also exercising that concession. The said concession explicitly allows the caseworker to grant ILR to someone when technically they did not satisfy 276B (i)(a) of the Immigration Rules. You should certainly appeal this

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 6.0ext.pdf
Thank you so much Zimba for your Reply. But they added this pargraph what about this

"You have failed to provide any exceptional reasons in support of your out of time applications. With this in mind, it is considered that it is not appropriate to exercise discretion in your case.
We are not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph 276B (i)(a) of the Immigration Rules."

Can this objection Effect on my case??

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:54 am

The 28 days concession does not require any exceptional circumstances. It is exercised universally for all. Regardless of your application being out of time, you were eligible for SET(LR) when you applied (within 28 days) and so ILR should have been granted
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Mamona Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Mamona Khan » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:45 am

Thank you so much for your reply again.