ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation eligibility question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bandit
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Naturalisation eligibility question

Post by Bandit » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:18 pm

Hello there ,

I am wondering could anyone help me with my query?

I came uk 2009 as student. Tried to extend my visa on 2012 but got rejected due to overseas bank statements issue. Our bank wasn’t computerised and they created documents from hand written record to computer statements but made mistakes on figures calculation. When HO asked for verification they just denied saying its not their statement to keep their reputation. HO refused me under 320 with appeal right. Appeal was unsuccessful. And HO asked me to leave country by 13 days.

That time I already had British partner and in 2013 i applied for Flr-m which was refused too. I had to go for judicial review and granted visa on 2015 . I was working and paying tax the entire period as my solicitor said as long as i have application under deciding i can work, i had very limited knowledge about immigration. But end of 2014 my work done a employment check and received negative answer from HO and i got sacked for one month. Within a month time while i had my FLR-m visa granted they reappointed me.

In January 2020 i just have my ILR.

I am wondering, can anyone tell me where am i standing at the moment in regards of my naturalisation application?

Many thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: Naturalisation eligibility question

Post by Amber » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:28 am

Based on what you’ve stated you were an overstayer until 2015 therefore your application for British citizenship will be refused until at least 2025. You were also working illegally as you didn’t have the right to work, you were deceitful in an immigration application.....

See also, the FAQ (click).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Bandit
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Naturalisation eligibility question

Post by Bandit » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:58 pm

Thank you Amber , this was helpful