ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent PBS extension application change to T2 Dependent PBS ILR applicaiton

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

berlinwall
Hong Kong

Re: Tier 2 dependent PBS extension application change to T2 Dependent PBS ILR applicaiton

Post by berlinwall » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:04 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:49 am
Zimba wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:39 am
She can apply before visa expiry and book her appointment after eligibility date and she will make up for the shortfall via section 3C automatic leave extension. As long as she is eligible on the date of the decision she will be granted ILR. No need for an extension
The original topic was already in the ILR sub forum and you were given accurate/correct advice on what to do, which you have chosen not to follow.
Zimba wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:39 am
She can apply before visa expiry and book her appointment after eligibility date and she will make up for the shortfall via section 3C automatic leave extension. As long as she is eligible on the date of the decision she will be granted ILR. No need for an extension
Zimba wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:08 am
I say apply on 22nd. The day of decision is the date ILR is granted. Her lawful residence period will be calculated on that day hence she will be eligible for ILR
Zimba wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:39 am
Lawful period will be calculated on the day of decision . So time spent waiting for decision is lawful under Section 3C
Hi,
yes but the situation is changed. Now the question is how to change the PBS extension to ILR application? Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 dependent PBS extension application change to T2 Dependent PBS ILR applicaiton

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:22 pm

Vary to ILR. Apply for ILR as normal and pay the fees. Include a letter that this is variation of leave
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

berlinwall
Hong Kong

Post by berlinwall » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:31 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:22 pm
Vary to ILR. Apply for ILR as normal and pay the fees. Include a letter that this is variation of leave
Thank you. I will apply for ILR as normal.
Do you mean in the ILR application, I should add one cover letter to explain my PBS extension situation and also with my PBS extension application reference? Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:54 am

Yes for your ILR application
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

berlinwall
Hong Kong

Post by berlinwall » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:37 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:54 am
Yes for your ILR application
Hi Thank you.
But I called HOME OFFICE they said there is Variation form I need to fill to change my wife her PBS extension to be ILR application. May I know what the link it is? As I did not find it.Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:51 pm

There is no such form. UKVI lines are manned by third parties. Ignore their advice

tamo_146

Post by tamo_146 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:27 pm

I am a UK citizen; my wife is in TIRE 2 Partner General Visa.
My wife’s TIRE 2 Partner General Visa start date is 14/04/2015 but she first entered the UK on 19/07/2015.

Question -

For my wife’s ILR eligibility, will the 5 years be calculated from 14/04/2015 or 19/07/2019?

I am aware that the ILR can be applied 28 days prior to the five year eligibility period, is this still valid?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:07 pm

tamo_146 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:27 pm
I am a UK citizen; my wife is in TIRE 2 Partner General Visa.
My wife’s TIRE 2 Partner General Visa start date is 14/04/2015 but she first entered the UK on 19/07/2015.

Question -

For my wife’s ILR eligibility, will the 5 years be calculated from 14/04/2015 or 19/07/2019?

I am aware that the ILR can be applied 28 days prior to the five year eligibility period, is this still valid?
This is NOT your post. STOP tagging your question on the posts of others :!:
indefinite-leave-to-remain/indefinite-l ... 96568.html

berlinwall
Hong Kong

Post by berlinwall » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:10 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:51 pm
There is no such form. UKVI lines are manned by third parties. Ignore their advice
oh I see, that is not good. As each time I get different answer from UKVI.
And if I do normal ILR application, how much fee do I need to pay? Do I pay the full amount of ILR fee and will I get the PBS extension fee and NHS IHS fee back? Thank you.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:11 pm

It is a normal application and you must pay the full fee. IHS fees will not be refunded when you vary to ILR

berlinwall
Hong Kong

Post by berlinwall » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:03 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:11 pm
It is a normal application and you must pay the full fee. IHS fees will not be refunded when you vary to ILR
Hi I am planning to submit the ILR application for my Wife on 3rd of Feb just want to double check with you that in her case she can do that vary her PBS extension to ILR? (as I am not hear the decision back from home office regarding her PBS extension yet). Thank you.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:44 am

Yes you can

berlinwall
Hong Kong

Post by berlinwall » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:20 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:44 am
Yes you can
Dear Moderator,
I am trying to fill the form for my wife ILR application. And it asks questions about me:
The person you are joining or accompanying:
Do you have any of these reference numbers for the person you are joining? Because it is me.
So for following two questions I am not sure what should I answer?
1. Yes, I have their Home Office reference number.
Do I answer "Yes" for this question? and if yes, do I put my ILR application reference number here for my wife application?
2. Yes, I have their biometric residence permit (BRP) number.
Do I answer "Yes"? if yes, do I put my ILR BRP number (rather than my old Tier 2 BRP number) here for my wife application?

Thank you.

berlinwall
Hong Kong

Post by berlinwall » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:28 am

berlinwall wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:20 pm
Zimba wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:44 am
Yes you can
Dear Moderator,
I am trying to fill the form for my wife ILR application. And it asks questions about me:
The person you are joining or accompanying:
Do you have any of these reference numbers for the person you are joining? Because it is me.
So for following two questions I am not sure what should I answer?
1. Yes, I have their Home Office reference number.
Do I answer "Yes" for this question? and if yes, do I put my ILR application reference number here for my wife application?
2. Yes, I have their biometric residence permit (BRP) number.
Do I answer "Yes"? if yes, do I put my ILR BRP number (rather than my old Tier 2 BRP number) here for my wife application?

Also one thing for the Sponsor part should I put my Tier2 sponsor in her application as well? Thanks

Thank you.

berlinwall
Hong Kong

Post by berlinwall » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:40 pm

ILR all granted and NHS fee been refunded in second day. Thank you for your help all.