ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for citizenship with settled status.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CCCP007
Newly Registered
Romania

Applying for citizenship with settled status.

Post by CCCP007 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:22 am

Hi can anyone tell me how do they check the amount of days you've been out of UK for EU citezens,since they only look at the border at your Id and that's it.I've already received settled status and in april this year I will have 6 years since I came in UK but I've been out of this country for more then 450days.

vaza
Cayman Islands

Re: Applying for citizenship with settled status.

Post by vaza » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:27 pm

Direct answers: no one outside HO knows.

It will be prudent not to lie. The days of departure and arrival don't count, BTW. For example, leaving on Thursday coming back on Monday is 3 days away. There is some discretion going over the 450 days - check this forum and case worker guidance.

Reading your post leaves with the impression you you haven't read the rules - you'd better do that from the source - application form guidance notes. Being 6 years in the country is not sufficient - among other things you need 1 full year with settled status and 450 days are counted for 5 years from application date.

AnotherUUID

Post by AnotherUUID » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:07 pm

CCCP007 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:22 am
how do they check the amount of days you've been out of UK for EU citezens,since they only look at the border at your Id and that's it
This is pure speculation but it is possible, at least when flying, that governments take note of the Advance Passenger Information (API) details that passengers give to airlines which includes the passenger's name, date of birth, and travel document details - pretty much everything they need to know.

I've heard that this information is passed to the destination airport authorities which I would assume includes border officials (possibly border officials at the origin as well). Airlines normally get penalised for transporting passengers that are unable to enter the destination country, so it would make sense that this information and the passenger's immigration status and/or right to enter are at some point before travel verified with the destination authorities.

As passenger attendance is also confirmed at the gate immediately before boarding it wouldn't be a huge leap to take note of this confirmation (or lack there of) and make an assertion that the person has (or has not) in fact left the origin country and is due to arrive in the destination country at said departure/arrival times respectively.

I also read somewhere that API data is also used at the automatic e-gates at border control so that the gates system knows who to expect and let through or, alternatively, deny entrance and require the person to go through the manual process with a border official.

As I said, all the above is pure speculation, but it's an incredibly easy way for border officials on either side to keep track of people leaving or entering the country.

gofornaturalisation
Newly Registered

Post by gofornaturalisation » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:11 pm

I suspect they're able to pull up Home Office records, because that's what they say in the Requirements handbook (or the caseworker's handbook, can't remember which).

Also you're able to do the same by submitting a SAR to UK Visas & Immigration. For each passport you have, you're able to ask for each entry and exit from the UK. if you Google SAR UK Visas and Immigration I'm sure you'll find the online form. If they can give you that, then HO probably gathers the same data.

BootaKHAN

Post by BootaKHAN » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:59 am

You don’t need to worry about that as with settle status time limit is 5 year out of county allowed. Still double check but I’m pretty much sure .