ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Job before getting ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ValentinaL
Newly Registered

New Job before getting ILR

Post by ValentinaL » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:50 am

Situation: In August 2020 I will need to apply for ILR ( 5 years in Tier 2 General Visa). I am starting a new job in February 2020.

Question: Can I only pay one year NHS surcharge when applying for a new Tier 2 Visa from inside the country in February for a new job, as I will have to pay again for ILR this year in few months? Will my new employer have to sponsor me for three years or can only do one year because i am getting ILR this year? I am trying to save money for NHS surcharge and my employer want to save money on immigration skill charge. Why pay for three years again if I only will use it until ILR application?
Thank you for your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: New Job before getting ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:07 am

What you pay depends on the length of the cos. If the cos is for 3 years, you pay 3 years IHS. If the cos is for 1 year,you pay 1 year IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.