ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 General Visa RCOS certificate Questions

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ani1984
Newly Registered
India

RCOS Work Start and End Date

Post by Ani1984 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:44 pm

Hi,

I am currently Working in UK under ICT Tier 2 PBS dependent Visa and my current employer is now applying for the RCOS for me.

Could you please confirm the below so that i can cross verify the same -

1) What should be the RCOS category under which my employer should be requesting RCOS.
2) what should be the Work Start Date and End date in the COS as i am currently working for the same company so confused what should go in Work Start Date and Work End date.
3) Currently I am working as a developer and as per new list published in October 2019 i am coming under Shortage Occupation Code list now. Does my employer still need to perform RLMT.
4) Like Unrestricted COS certificate the employer should request Home office for RCOS certificate as well.

Thanks in advance

sachinis100

Re: RCOS Work Start and End Date

Post by sachinis100 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:26 am

1) What should be the RCOS category under which my employer should be requesting RCOS.

New Hires Restricted COS

2) what should be the Work Start Date and End date in the COS as i am currently working for the same company so confused what should go in Work Start Date and Work End date.

Its up-to you and your employer, these dates doesn't effect your application though, but remember you have to apply from home country.

3) Currently I am working as a developer and as per new list published in October 2019 i am coming under Shortage Occupation Code list now. Does my employer still need to perform RLMT.

If your role is under Shortage Occupation then RLMT not required

4) Like Unrestricted COS certificate the employer should request Home office for RCOS certificate as well.

Your employer will have an idea, how to request. Don't Worry

Ani1984
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ani1984 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:48 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the response .

Now My employer is saying to apply for a RCOS certificate they need spare certificate in the SMS system. Could you please confirm whether spare certificate is required in the SMS system before you can apply for a RcOS

sachinis100

Post by sachinis100 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:44 pm

RCOS comes out of Annual allocations. Looks your company must be miss leading you or your over looking things.

Ani1984
Newly Registered
India

Switching from Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 General Visa

Post by Ani1984 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:37 pm

Hi,

Currently I hold a UK Tier 2 ICT Dependent Visa and working for a company. I have got a offer from another Company and RCOS is also grated to New Company and they are shortly providing me the RCOS certificate. Requesting clarifications for below questions -

1. Once I receive the offer letter and the RCOS from the new employer, Is it safe to resign the current job? OR should I first go and get my Visa sorted under the new Offer and RCOS?

2. Am I allowed to work with the current employer after getting the Tier 2 general Visa as i need to server a notice period to current employer?

3. What should be the start date of the COS of new employer?

4. For example, If I receive my RCOS certificate on Jan 2020 and my notice period is 1 week only, what is the best time to submit my resignation?Can this be done after i am back to UK with my Tier 2 general Visa

5. I want to play on a safer side in case some issue comes during Tier 2 general Visa processing i need my current job so that i can come back and work for current employer.

6. Any other critical information I should be aware of or cautioned about?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching from Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 General Visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:03 pm

1. Your choice.

2. No you are not. You can only work for your tier 2 sponsor once you get your tier 2 general visa.

3. That is up to your sponsor to decide.

4. You cannot work for anyone other than your tier 2 sponsor once you get your new visa. You will be in breach of your visa conditions if you do.

5. You can't have both and only you can decide what is best but do not breach your tier 2 general visa conditions.

6. Your dependent visa will be cancelled when the tier 2 is granted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ani1984
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ani1984 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:03 am

Thanks for the Info.Much Appreciated.

Ani1984
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ani1984 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:59 pm

Hello,

My new employer is trying to assign the RCOS to me now and we are quite confused what to put as my country of residence when assigning the RCOS to myself. I'm applying for a Tier 2 General new hires visa. I currently reside in the UK and working for different employer.Not sure to put my home country as my residence or the UK given I am applying to enter under a new immigration route?

Appreciate any advice!

Ani1984
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ani1984 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:55 am

Hi ,

Your advise on the above post will be highly appreciated .

Ani1984
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ani1984 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:05 am

Hello,

My new employer is trying to assign the RCOS to me now and we are quite confused what to put as my country of residence when assigning the RCOS to myself. I'm applying for a Tier 2 General new hires visa. I currently reside in the UK and working for different employer.Not sure to put my home country as my residence or the UK given I am applying to enter under a new immigration route?

Appreciate any advice!

Ani1984
Newly Registered
India

Switching from Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 General Visa RCOS certificate Questions

Post by Ani1984 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:22 pm

HI,

I am on a Tier 2 ICT dependent Visa and currently working in UK.I have now got the RCOS from another Company today and i have below queries which i am not sure about -

1) In the RCOS certificate Does the migrant need to leave and re-enter the UK during the period of approval? my employer have mentioned 'N' , Is that correct or it should be 'Y' . Can this be added in the sponsorship note now and will it make any impact on my application.

2) I have provided my NI number to the new Employer but they have not added that in my RCOS certificate . Is that ok?

Your earliest response will be highly appreciated .