ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC application after January 2020

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Itagiota
Newly Registered
Greece

BC application after January 2020

Post by Itagiota » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:44 am

Hello, does anybody know if the process of getting British citizenship (the application, Life in the UK test, etc) will change after the end of this month (i.e when UK leaves the EU) or if it will remain the same in February too?

I have my documentation ready (Got PR card three years ago) but haven't studied for Life in the UK test yet so I can't submit my application until I pass the test which will probably be early February. I was wondering if I will still have time to do it in February or if things for EU citizens and our right to get BC will change :roll: :roll: ? Thank you!

Amber
Mood:

Re: BC application after January 2020

Post by Amber » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:51 am

There is no suggestion of any change yet as the UK will have a transitional period for one year.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Itagiota
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by Itagiota » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:47 pm

Amber wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:51 am
There is no suggestion of any change yet as the UK will have a transitional period for one year.
Oh that's good! Thank you, Amber!

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:40 am

Itagiota wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:44 am
our right to get BC
Keep in mind that adult naturalisation in the UK is not a right, but a privilege that is granted at discretion. The UK approach to both immigration and citizenship is very different to that of the continent.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.