ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What if I can't pay when they ask for the €950?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

katielloydmcmahon
Ireland

What if I can't pay when they ask for the €950?

Post by katielloydmcmahon » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:34 pm

Hi,

For a personal emergency I had to use the €950 I had earmarked for my citizenship fee. I believe my application is still a long way off, I have a receipt but no reference number. If they ask and I don't have the money for another 6 months, will it be put on hold? Or will I have to start all over again when I have the money?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: What if I can't pay when they ask for the €950?

Post by littlerr » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:17 pm

I have never heard of anyone getting rejected at the last stage, but equally I have never heard of anyone that doesn't want to pay the money due to personal circumstances.

If you are really tight on money, plan in advance. You may want to put 100 euro each month into a regular saver account. Borrow money from your friends/family would be another option. If you've exhausted all of these options, you can always borrow money from the bank as long as you have never been in any trouble with your credit ratings. Most traditional banks have a pretty decent lending rate.

Since you haven't got a reference number yet, you have at least 6-12 months to plan.

katielloydmcmahon
Ireland

Post by katielloydmcmahon » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:19 am

It's not that I don't want to pay because of personal circumstances, I had to use the money already saved for a family emergency.

Yes, of course, I will be saving over the next few months and I could borrow from family if I need to.

I was more just wondering if there is a time limit or something on when you have to pay. My application was submitted back in April last year so even though I don't have a reference number, it;s been a really long time already.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:26 am

Last April? You should definitely write to them quoting your An Post tracking number. It usually takes a month or two at most to get your ref no.

The time limit is 10 days. Of course if you send it a few days late, that shouldn’t be a problem. Anything longer than that would raise some doubts there.

mmsa
Mood:

Post by mmsa » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:35 am

katielloydmcmahon wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:34 pm
Hi,

For a personal emergency I had to use the €950 I had earmarked for my citizenship fee. I believe my application is still a long way off, I have a receipt but no reference number. If they ask and I don't have the money for another 6 months, will it be put on hold? Or will I have to start all over again when I have the money?
Dont panic, deal with it when the time comes. At worst case senario get a loan.

katielloydmcmahon
Ireland

Post by katielloydmcmahon » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:54 am

So funny enough I got a letter yesterday asking for the fee and saying if I paid in 10 days I would be considered for the ceremony in March.

I popped them an email explaining and they replied this morning to say it's fine, if I can't pay now I should wait until such time that I can pay and then once the fee is paid I will be considered for whatever ceremony occurs after that.

I don't really want to take out a loan or borrow from family. I will be able to pay in May, so I'll just do that and then maybe there will be a ceremony towards the end of the year.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:04 am

Congrats. So you got an approval letter without anything in the middle? No reference number, no first stage, second stage letters?

Issagenius
Ireland

Post by Issagenius » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:45 am

katielloydmcmahon wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:54 am
So funny enough I got a letter yesterday asking for the fee and saying if I paid in 10 days I would be considered for the ceremony in March.

I popped them an email explaining and they replied this morning to say it's fine, if I can't pay now I should wait until such time that I can pay and then once the fee is paid I will be considered for whatever ceremony occurs after that.

I don't really want to take out a loan or borrow from family. I will be able to pay in May, so I'll just do that and then maybe there will be a ceremony towards the end of the year.

That’s such a big relief for me, I travel a lot with work in different counties and can be away from home for 3 weeks or more and was panicking.
Incase approval letter arrive and am not home to pay in time.

katielloydmcmahon
Ireland

Post by katielloydmcmahon » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:47 pm

Timeline is I got my passport back after about 12 weeks since application, which was back in April 2019, but only because I hounded them for it for travel.

Then it was about 4 months and I got a a receipt, no ref number.

Then yesterday I got this letter with a ref number on the top right and saying I need to do the fee, passport photos and such and that it's been passed to the minister for approval and that if I send everything within 10 days I will be considered for the March ceremony.

So I don't think I got the usual routine of letters.

I'm gonna look at a credit union loan, but if I can't do that I'll just wait 2 or 3 months.

Odoba
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Odoba » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:10 pm

Congratulations !!

But if I were you, I would put all pride aside and borrow from even the devil to sort this out because:

1. There’s an upcoming election and anything can happen. There can be change of government or minister, with different policies
2. No one knows when the next ceremony is going to be. That department is funny
3. As you mentioned that you travel a lot for work, you need the passport to make things more easier for you

Wish you all the best

katielloydmcmahon
Ireland

Post by katielloydmcmahon » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:32 pm

Odoba wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:10 pm
Congratulations !!

But if I were you, I would put all pride aside and borrow from even the devil to sort this out because:

1. There’s an upcoming election and anything can happen. There can be change of government or minister, with different policies
2. No one knows when the next ceremony is going to be. That department is funny
3. As you mentioned that you travel a lot for work, you need the passport to make things more easier for you

Wish you all the best
Oh it wasn't me that posted they travel a lot. I only travel 2 or 3 times a year.

I'm hoping to get a loan from the credit union, will find out in a couple of days. There's only 1 real options for asking from family and it's worse than the devil!

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:53 pm

Guys if u cannot attend ceremony for any reason then please let them know in advance so some one else can be on that list.

One of my friend got approval letter but didn't get invitation for last ceremony.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen: