ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of Settled Status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Garth1989

Date of Settled Status

Post by Garth1989 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:46 am

I have a question for those that have received their settled status.

What date was your settled status granted on the letter your received? Is it back dated to when they received your application or a date exactly 5 years after you started exercising rights of EEA national/family member or some random date in the process?

Why I ask is that I am eligible for settled status as of todays date, as a family member of an EEA national. I am applying for settled status tomorrow but from what I have seen the application can take a few months. technically I have settled status as of today but the letter might state it as a later date which I think is incorrect no? I want to apply for BC after holding SS for 12 months and I want to get it done ASAP.

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Date of Settled Status

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:50 am

It is the date stated on the letter issued to you, after the caseworker makes a decision on your case, having looked at the evidence and relevant records.

Settled Status is a grant of ILR by the Home Office and is not automatically acquired on any specific anniversary.

If you are married to a British citizen (which you would be if you are on the SS Route) , you can apply for British citizenship immediately after getting Settled Status.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:54 am

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:50 am
It is the date stated on the letter issued to you, after the caseworker makes a decision on your case, having looked at the evidence and relevant records.
Indeed.

The status confirmation letter opens with the below paragraph. See last sentence (relevant date is included on upper right corner, as standard letters do):
I am pleased to inform you that your application under the EU Settlement Scheme has been successful and that you have been granted Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the United Kingdom, under Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules. This is also referred to as settled status. Your status takes effect from the date of this letter, which can be found above.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Garth1989

Post by Garth1989 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:29 am

Thank you both for your reply,

I hope that my case will be looked at quickly so that the date issued is not to far in the future