ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of living together for EEA family member presettlement scheme application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ChiLam
Newly Registered

EU Settlement Scheme family permit previous residency & biometrics

Post by ChiLam » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:52 pm

I want to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit to come to live with my partner who already has pre-settled status in UK.

So anyone with experience applying this permit, could you tell me did they ask you to prove if you ever lived in other countries? Did you have to list all your previous address and show resident cards or visas from other countries? In fact I am not living in UK yet. Moreover, could I do the biometric from any country, regardless of me not living there?

kamoe

Re: EU Settlement Scheme family permit previous residency & biometrics

Post by kamoe » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:34 am

ChiLam wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:52 pm
I want to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit to come to live with my partner who already has pre-settled status in UK.
Are you an unmarried partner?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

ChiLam
Newly Registered

Post by ChiLam » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:51 am

We are married outside UK.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:22 pm

Addressing your specific questions:
ChiLam wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:52 pm
did they ask you to prove if you ever lived in other countries?
Not particularly, but might be required depending on the context of your application. In your case, they will ask to prove that you are genuinely and legally married to your sponsor (e.g. islamic-only marriage does not count), so if your sponsor has lived in different countries, then it is reasonable to expect that you too have lived together with them during the time you have been married, and to supply proof of this.

If you have not lived together with your sponsor for a while, then you might need to provide a valid reason, and prove that you have kept in touch throughout, or visited regularly.
Did you have to list all your previous address and show resident cards or visas from other countries?
Only in the context described above, whenever is reasonable to prove cohabitation with your sponsor.
In fact I am not living in UK yet.
Considering you are applying for a Family Permit, which is a document issued to allow non-EU family members a smooth entry into the UK, the fact that you do not live in the UK yet is actually normal/expected.
Moreover, could I do the biometric from any country, regardless of me not living there?
You can apply for a Family Permit in a number of different countries, regardless of weather you are a national of that country or if you are a permanent resident there.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

ChiLam
Newly Registered

Post by ChiLam » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:13 pm

Hello everybody.

My wife is from EU and she has a presettlement status in UK. And I am living outside UK and applying the EEA family settlement permit. I am planning to join her in UK once I get the visa.

Our problem is about choice of accomodation. She has a new job in a city 1.5 hours-drive away from London. So she is looking for a flat there. But that town doesn't have many job opportunity for me.

So I plan to find a job in London area, and rent a small room there. While she stays in her flat where she works, I will meet her in her town during weekend.

But we don't know if this arrangement will affect my EU presettlement application if we are not officially living together.

We don't know during the process when I apply for the presettlement Scheme, if our mariage certificate alone is good enough to prove our relationship.

I will be grateful to you for guidance.
Thank you very much.
Best regards.
Chi

ChiLam
Newly Registered

Post by ChiLam » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:49 am

Hello everybody.

My wife is from EU and she has a presettlement status in UK. And I am living outside UK and applying the EEA family settlement permit. I am planning to join her in UK once I get the visa.

Our problem is about choice of accomodation. She has a new job in a city 1.5 hours-drive away from London. So she is looking for a flat there. But that town doesn't have many job opportunity for me.

So I plan to find a job in London area, and rent a small room there. While she stays in her flat where she works, I will meet her in her town during weekend.

But we don't know if this arrangement will affect my EU presettlement application if we are not officially living together.

We don't know during the process when I apply for the presettlement Scheme, if our mariage certificate alone is good enough to prove our relationship.

I will be grateful to you for guidance.
Thank you very much.
Best regards.
Chi