ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa for mum with no income. Help please!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

LuckyGirl
Newly Registered
Palestine

Visitor visa for mum with no income. Help please!

Post by LuckyGirl » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:05 am

Dear experienced members,
I’d like to have my mum with me when I give birth to my 2nd baby in May, as I have a difficult toddler and my current pregnancy not going so well.
Mum has been a housewife her whole life, supported by dad, never held a bank account as never needed.
My dad is 70 and earning from real estate rentals, although he holds tenancy agreements, the money is received old school cash in hand. My family own their home in addition to extra real estate.
My mum has strong ties as she has a husband to look after, in addition to 5 daughters and 9 grandchildren nearby.
I’d like to mention that i work full time and will cover every single cost of her visit
Please advise how can i build a strong application in this case?
Many thanks to all, I am really going through a lot and having her with me would make a huge difference xx

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Visitor visa for mum with no income. Help please!

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:52 am

Hello

There is no way you can make it look good really.

The economic circumstances of the applicant are always analysed very carefully as they constitute a strong link to the home country. No mater how you present your application, they are going to figure out her economic situation.

You can try to document very well her family network in her country. That's always a positive point in an application.

But the Home Office always think: "what if this person is not a genuine visitor? What if once in the UK, she claims she is too sick to travel back and starts proceedings to stay at any cost?". Unfortunately many people do that. This makes it harder and harder to get visas for family.

But honestly, it's not an exact science. You can't lie about her situation, but you can document it as honestly and you can and hope for the best.

LuckyGirl
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by LuckyGirl » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:50 am

Thank you for replying!
Your response sounds quiet negative (in an objective way). I know the financial situation is a bit critical, and that’s why I am posting in this forum, to get the best suggestions or maybe hear similar real life experiences... so unfortunately your response hasn’t helped me at all :oops:
Can anyone please help me with a suggestion of the best way to formulate the financial bits of the application? Again, my mum is a housewife and I think it would be really unfair to penalise her just because of this...

LuckyGirl
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by LuckyGirl » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:41 am

Up :oops:

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:35 am

You've already made the best case you can, with what you told us. She has a husband and children to go back for. Get all of the birth certificates, marriage certificate and then add the deeds to all the properties they own, and rental agreements to show they are making an income. I think you have a reasonable chance of getting the visa, since she does have stronger ties than a lot of people.

You can't make anything up, so just take a chance and give them every shred of evidence you can. Maybe she has been to other parts of the World and returned, so show her visa stamps and travel history.

THO.

LuckyGirl
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by LuckyGirl » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:17 pm

THO wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:35 am
You've already made the best case you can, with what you told us. She has a husband and children to go back for. Get all of the birth certificates, marriage certificate and then add the deeds to all the properties they own, and rental agreements to show they are making an income. I think you have a reasonable chance of getting the visa, since she does have stronger ties than a lot of people.

You can't make anything up, so just take a chance and give them every shred of evidence you can. Maybe she has been to other parts of the World and returned, so show her visa stamps and travel history.

THO.
Thank you THO! I haven’t thought that birth certificates were important, I was just going to submit the family tree certificate, so I’ll bare that in mind!
And I guess you are right, I only have the option to submit with whatever she has got... then just leave it to the ICO to decide based on their judgement...

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:02 pm

Hello dear it is quite difficult to gain if your mother does not have a bank account but a strong cover letter explaining her circumstances will be fine

Search under my name, I have got my mother in law a visa for 2 years and she's widowed with no children living with her

Few things to remember. Demonstrate social economic ties.. for what reason does she HAVE to return back.

She has a husband and close ties..not to mention real estate from her husband too

Cite the hostile environment and explain under no circumstances would she degrade her life by over staying and not be able to travel.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.