ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non Eu applied pre settle status pending

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Khan51214

Non Eu applied pre settle status pending

Post by Khan51214 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:11 pm

Hi i am asking this question on behalf of friend.

He got family permit as extented family member of EU which will expire on april 2020 .

And he applied for EU pre settle scheme did biometric and application is pending .

My question is can he travel outside UK while his application is pending ?

kamoe

Re: Non Eu applied pre settle status pending

Post by kamoe » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:24 am

Khan51214 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:11 pm
My question is can he travel outside UK while his application is pending ?
Does he have his current passport with him?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Khan51214

Post by Khan51214 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:26 am

Yes he has his passport

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:55 pm

Khan51214 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:26 am
Yes he has his passport
According to the guidance documents for the EU Settlement Scheme, section "Travel outside the Common Travel Area" (page 29/101):
Travel outside the Common Travel Area

An application made under Part 1 of Appendix EU will not be treated as automatically withdrawn if the applicant travels outside the Common Travel Area before the application has been decided.
This means, unlike other applications where traveling abroad results in the automatic withdrawal of the application, for the specific case of an application under the Settlement Scheme (Part 1 of Appendix EU of the immigration rules), this does not happen.

So, assuming his current and valid Family Permit is in that passport, he can travel abroad.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:53 pm

First link not working, find EU Settlement guidance document here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

Khan51214

Post by Khan51214 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:35 pm

kamoe wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:53 pm
First link not working, find EU Settlement guidance document here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
Thank you for your kind reply

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:18 am

Not sure why but the website is corrupting the link everythime I try to post it. Just copy paste this on your browser to view:

assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/845641/main-EU Settlement Scheme-guidance-v3.0-ext.pdf

failing that, it's the first document here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... r-guidance

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:36 am

kamoe wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:18 am
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/845641/main-EU Settlement Scheme-guidance-v3.0-ext.pdf
I know what happens. Immirgation boards automatically replaces the continuous letters "e", "u", "s", s" by "EU Settlement Scheme", and the below link (spaces added in between content in []) gets replaced by something that does not exist!:

assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/845641/main-[e u s s]-guidance-v3.0-ext.pdf

So just copy paste the above, remove the [] and any space within them, and you get the link!