ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Information about Urgent travel

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hamza95
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Information about Urgent travel

Post by Hamza95 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:26 am

Hi everyone i wanted to ask that im a non-eea family member(son) of an EEA(my father).I was granted eea family permit to enter uk and its still valid till june 2020.My father is living in uk from 5 years now he had already the settled status.I submitted application to get the 5 years card already.I have done biometrics and they returned my passport so my application is pending now.Can i travel outside uk while waiting for the card ? Or will my application be withdrawn if i leave the country? Thanks very much

secret.simon

Re: Information about Urgent travel

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:08 am

Which application did you make?

If you made an application for a PR Card (which costs £65), you can travel while the application is in progress.

If you made a Settled Status application (which is free), it is an application under the UK Immigration Rules and it will likely be withdrawn automatically if you leave the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:24 am

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:08 am
If you made a Settled Status application (which is free), it is an application under the UK Immigration Rules and it will likely be withdrawn automatically if you leave the UK.
Not really.
Travel outside the Common Travel Area
An application made under Part 1 of Appendix EU will not be treated as automatically withdrawn if the applicant travels outside the Common Travel Area before the application has been decided.
See this post.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:27 am

One learns something new everyday. :)
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Hamza95
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Hamza95 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:53 am

So i can travel in both cases right?