ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) - Documents Uploading

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

1tadmin
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Help!!! Set (M) - When can I apply?

Post by 1tadmin » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:02 pm

Hi All,

I came to the country as a spouse(5-year route) of a settled person, entry date: 9/5/2015
My current visa expires on 8/7/2020 (almost 5 years and 2 months).
Now looking at different forums I have come to understand that I will be eligible to apply for ILR within 28 days of my visa expiry (a general rule to apply for visas extension etc. I believe) however I have also read that if my 5-years are complete, I can apply whenever possible so for example I should be able to apply for ILR by 9/5/2020 or 28 days before 9/5/2020.
Can someone kindly advise on when can I apply? TBH I would like to apply sooner than later.

Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help!!! Set (M) - When can I apply?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:05 pm

You can apply for ILR no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date you entered the UK in 2015 OR before your visa expires.

Note it is an OR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

1tadmin
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by 1tadmin » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:21 pm

#CR001 Thank you for your prompt response, this is very promising.

- So I can literally apply anytime from 11/4/2020 (28 days before my 5-years anniversary in the UK) to my expiry of visa i.e. 9/5/2020 ?
- And my absences from the country (family visits) have no impact on these dates? I spent 3 - 4 weeks each year with my family so approx. 130 odd days away in total duration of 5 years.

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:32 pm

- So I can literally apply anytime from 11/4/2020 (28 days before my 5-years anniversary in the UK) to my expiry of visa i.e. 9/5/2020 ?
Yes, https://www.timeanddate.com/date/datead ... ad=28&rec=
- And my absences from the country (family visits) have no impact on these dates? I spent 3 - 4 weeks each year with my family so approx. 130 odd days away in total duration of 5 years.
There is NO absence limit for spouse visa holders.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

1tadmin
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by 1tadmin » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:54 pm

Thank you, used the same link to calculate the date :P

Really appreciate it, have a nice day.

1tadmin
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

SET(M) - Employment change

Post by 1tadmin » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:53 am

I hope you're all doing well.

I have a peculiar one, can't find answers anywhere I have looked so far.

In order to be elibile to apply for ILR I need to show earnings of £18600. This is okay as I have already earned more than 20k. The problem is that at the time of application, I would have just changed my employment hence my first payslip would not have generated which means I would not have a payslip within 28days of making the application.

My question: Is job offer and employment contract enough in this situation? I will also be showing my payslips and employment letter etc. from my previous employer.

Many thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: SET(M) - Employment change

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:58 am

1tadmin wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:53 am
I hope you're all doing well.

I have a peculiar one, can't find answers anywhere I have looked so far.

In order to be elibile to apply for ILR I need to show earnings of £18600. This is okay as I have already earned more than 20k. The problem is that at the time of application, I would have just changed my employment hence my first payslip would not have generated which means I would not have a payslip within 28days of making the application.

My question: Is job offer and employment contract enough in this situation? I will also be showing my payslips and employment letter etc. from my previous employer.

Many thanks in advance.
Preferably delay the new job offer until you get the decision for which you can even use the super priority service giving prompt decision. However, if changing employer become inevitable then wait until you get the first payslip to apply under category B. But as per your plans you might not have the first payslip then in that case (only) if you are starting a salaried job with fixed income then attach the last 12 months of payslips proving that you have earned at least £18600 and also attach the new contract confirming your annual income of at least £18600 at the time of application.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

1tadmin
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by 1tadmin » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:37 pm

Thanks Seagul, appreciate your assistance. Considering the situation I might be able to hold on the current job or wait for the first payslip at the new place but there is a possibility that may not happen hence need to consider and work on the third option.

But as per your plans you might not have the first payslip then in that case (only) if you are starting a salaried job with fixed income then attach the last 12 months of payslips proving that you have earned at least £18600 and also attach the new contract confirming your annual income of at least £18600 at the time of application.

Would this still fall under Category B or become some sort of exceptional circumstance? I ask this because at some random website I read that if the applicant does not provide the latest payslip (within last 28days), application will be refused.

Lastly is there a section of Appendix FM 1.7 or FM-SE I could read to make more sense regarding my situation please or any other document on gov.uk?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:30 pm

1tadmin wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:37 pm
Thanks Seagul, appreciate your assistance. Considering the situation I might be able to hold on the current job or wait for the first payslip at the new place but there is a possibility that may not happen hence need to consider and work on the third option.

But as per your plans you might not have the first payslip then in that case (only) if you are starting a salaried job with fixed income then attach the last 12 months of payslips proving that you have earned at least £18600 and also attach the new contract confirming your annual income of at least £18600 at the time of application.

Would this still fall under Category B or become some sort of exceptional circumstance? I ask this because at some random website I read that if the applicant does not provide the latest payslip (within last 28days), application will be refused.

Lastly is there a section of Appendix FM 1.7 or FM-SE I could read to make more sense regarding my situation please or any other document on gov.uk?
It will be category B. Read at page 25 of Appendix FM 1.7 guidance

Where the person is in salaried employment – the level of gross annual salary will be
as at the date of application. This must be evidenced by the latest payslip or the signed
contract of employment
(if a payslip does not provide this information).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

1tadmin
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

ILR - SET (O) or SET (M) ??

Post by 1tadmin » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:19 am

Hope y'all are doing well.

I am currently on FLR(M), arrived in the UK as a dependant of my husband who was(at the time of my initial application) on ILR via Tier1(General) route.

To my understanding I should apply for Set(M) however going through gov.uk, it takes me to the Set(O) link.

Going through the options I have come to realise the diference lies in the answering of question 2 i.e.

How did they settle?
On a work visa or Some Other way.

If I select on a work visa which is correct as he was on Tier1G, it takes me to SET(O) but if i select Some Other way which is probably not accurate, it then takes me to SET(M).

Can anyone please advise?

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - SET (O) or SET (M) ??

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:30 am

It is SET(M). You don't qualify for ILR on SET(O) because you do NOT and have NOT held a PBS dependent visa for the last 5 years.

You also seem to be missing the key paragraph in the link below which you appear to have checked already. You need to scroll down the page and read all the information.

https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... ier-5-visa
Eligibility for partners
Your current visa must be as a dependant on your partner’s tier 1, 2 or 5 visa.
If you got your current visa as your partner’s dependant after they settled in the UK, you must apply as the partner of a settled person instead.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

1tadmin
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Re: ILR - SET (O) or SET (M) ??

Post by 1tadmin » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:44 am

Hi CR001, I definitely missed that part thank you for the correction, very helpful as always.

1tadmin
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

SET (M) - Documents Uploading

Post by 1tadmin » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:51 am

This is the first time I am trying to complete an online application for Visa purposes and it is causing some confusion as my mind is still stuck in the old ways of providing documents. Can someone please help me understand the following:

1- Employment letter: Can my employer send me a .pdf and I upload that and print it out to take it with me to the BRP appointment? Previously it used to be a proper letter with wet ink signature on it that would need to go to HO.

2- Are Adobe Sign and DocuSign recognised by HO? I have letters from my employer and letting agents that are digitally signed (that look different from my actual signature) by Adobe and DocuSign. Should I print them, hand-sign them and scan them back in a .pdf format?

3- Documents from my employer are always password protected as a company policy. Is there a way to upload those documents and provide the password or it is in-convenient for HO?

Is there an official govt. document that I could read to understand requirements please? I have gone through FM, FM-SE but can't find the answers.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET (M) - Documents Uploading

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:54 am

Topics Merged!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

1tadmin
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by 1tadmin » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:27 am

Apologies, can someone shed some light please? Appreciate your time and effort.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:13 pm

1tadmin wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:51 am
This is the first time I am trying to complete an online application for Visa purposes and it is causing some confusion as my mind is still stuck in the old ways of providing documents. Can someone please help me understand the following:

1- Employment letter: Can my employer send me a .pdf and I upload that and print it out to take it with me to the BRP appointment? Previously it used to be a proper letter with wet ink signature on it that would need to go to HO.

2- Are Adobe Sign and DocuSign recognised by HO? I have letters from my employer and letting agents that are digitally signed (that look different from my actual signature) by Adobe and DocuSign. Should I print them, hand-sign them and scan them back in a .pdf format?

3- Documents from my employer are always password protected as a company policy. Is there a way to upload those documents and provide the password or it is in-convenient for HO?

Is there an official govt. document that I could read to understand requirements please? I have gone through FM, FM-SE but can't find the answers.
You must download all the documents and upload them to UKVCAS. If you cannot do that, you must ask your employer to either send you these files or give you a hard copy. Do NOT send password protected files to UKVI
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

1tadmin
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by 1tadmin » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:26 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:13 pm
1tadmin wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:51 am

You must download all the documents and upload them to UKVCAS. If you cannot do that, you must ask your employer to either send you these files or give you a hard copy. Do NOT send password protected files to UKVI

Thanks Simba, about the electronically signed documents, are they accepted by HO or should I download them then hand sign them and upload them again?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:53 pm

All digital documents are accepted
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

1tadmin
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by 1tadmin » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:06 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:53 pm
All digital documents are accepted
Awesome.. thank you for your help.