ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - English Language Requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jk264
Newly Registered

ILR - English Language Requirement

Post by jk264 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:17 pm

Hi,
I am going to apply for my ILR(Tier2 Gen 5yrs) and i have got a query from the application. I did my bachelors in india which was taught in English but i didn't get it certified by UKNARIC, so i have given a test in London for GESE B1 level and got the certificate.
So the idea is to produce this certificate part of my application. But in the application there is a question which asks whether i did a degree which was taught in English, if i say Yes, in the list of mandatory documents it is asking for UKNARIC certificate to confirm that which i don't have, that's why i did GECE B1 test to meet the requirement.

So what should be my answer for the query?
whether i did a degree which was taught in English?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR - English Language Requirement

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:27 pm

whether i did a degree which was taught in English?
Answer NO for that question as you are not using this evidence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

avaixhah

Re: ILR - English Language Requirement

Post by avaixhah » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:59 pm

Hi,

i am in the same boat. I have got NARIC statement of comparability which declares my degree as equivalent to ordinary Bachelors but it doesn't verify that the course was taught in English. I have also passed the B1 exam and have certificate for that.

So should i not use my NARIC certificate at all and answer No to question "Do you have a degree that was taught in English?"

or

Use the B1 certificate instead for my application?

please advise.
thanks
Syed