ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling outside the UK and re-entering with BRP after naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

micahelkgd
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Traveling outside the UK and re-entering with BRP after naturalisation

Post by micahelkgd » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:05 am

Hello everyone,

My naturalisation ceremony will take place on the 4th February.
I will apply for British passport on the same day.

On the 5th February I intend to travel to Italy until the 10th February while keeping my BRP and my existing Russian passport.

Will I be able to enter the UK on the 10th by presenting my Russian passport and the BRP at the border?

Also, I have two valid Russian passports. Will I be allowed to keep at least one of them while my British passport application is being processed?

I am aware of the 5 working days rule for returning BRP cards and will do so immediately if they let me in on the 10th.

Thank you for your help

Michael

bhai86
Pakistan

Re: Traveling outside the UK and re-entering with BRP after naturalisation

Post by bhai86 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:53 pm

british-citizenship/important-return-br ... 00820.html

You can’t use your biometric residence permit for travel once you’ve become a British citizen/naturalised.

AnotherUUID

Re: Traveling outside the UK and re-entering with BRP after naturalisation

Post by AnotherUUID » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:26 pm

micahelkgd wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:05 am
Also, I have two valid Russian passports. Will I be allowed to keep at least one of them while my British passport application is being processed?
No. As per the passport application requirements, you will have to provide all non-cancelled passports that you have to HMPO, including ones that have expired.