ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uploading mandatory docs onto UKVCAS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

takitaki
Newly Registered

Civil court for council debt for british citizenship application

Post by takitaki » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:32 am

Dear all,
In 2018 I had a civil court summons due to unpaid my council debt, (I didn't attend the court). Last week I paid off my debts to council and I have received a confirmation letter stating that I dont have any debts with council anymore. In 2009 I granted with ILR and I want to apply for British Citizenship now. Do you think this will affect my application?
Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks :)

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Civil court for council debt for british citizenship application

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:26 am

takitaki wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:32 am
Dear all,
In 2018 I had a civil court summons due to unpaid my council debt, (I didn't attend the court). Last week I paid off my debts to council and I have received a confirmation letter stating that I dont have any debts with council anymore. In 2009 I granted with ILR and I want to apply for British Citizenship now. Do you think this will affect my application?
Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks :)
Assuming this was a county court judgement against you this may show up in your credit file - visible to UKVI as well - worth checking your credit file. There's no harm in mentioning it and explaining you complied with the agreed payment terms. The Good Character Guidance for caseworkers has a para regarding Council Tax
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf
"Non-payment of council tax
An application will not normally be refused where the person has been unable to pay
council tax because of their financial position, particularly if an arrangement is being,
or has been, negotiated with the relevant authority. However, payment of council tax
is a legal requirement and non-compliance is a punishable offence.
Therefore, an application will normally be refused where a person has either:
• unreasonably failed to pay
• provided a false statement or statements, including failing to declare their full
circumstances, to avoid paying the correct rate"
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

takitaki
Newly Registered

Post by takitaki » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:59 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
I said civil court because on the online application there is not a question about county court. They only ask if I have “a civil court judgement against you, for example for non payment of debt, bankruptcy proceedings or anti-social behaviour” so do I have to choose this to describe about my council debt or do I have to choose “other”?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:02 pm

A liability order, which is what you have been issued, for non payment of council tax is NOT a county court judgment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

takitaki
Newly Registered

Post by takitaki » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:02 pm
A liability order, which is what you have been issued, for non payment of council tax is NOT a county court judgment.
I’m sorry I am a bit confused about law terminology. So if it a liability order do I still have to mention it onto my application? If so, will this affect my application?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:01 pm

Also confusion on my side as to the terminology. As advised by CR001 it's not a County Court Judgment, therefore not necessary to mention.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:24 pm

takitaki wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:13 pm
CR001 wrote:
I’m sorry I am a bit confused about law terminology. So if it a liability order do I still have to mention it onto my application? If so, will this affect my application?
If you are risk-averse like me, I would say you should still declare it.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

takitaki
Newly Registered

Post by takitaki » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:46 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:01 pm
Also confusion on my side as to the terminology. As advised by CR001 it's not a County Court Judgment, therefore not necessary to mention.
I just double checked my letters. In May 2019 I had received Summons for non payment of council tax. Then Council passed the case to the magistrates court to issue a liability order. The debt is cleared up and paid in full last week. Please could someone answer me the following questions please:
1) Will the Magistrates court order affect my BC application?
2) Do I have to mention it somewhere on the application or not? On the application they don’t ask about Magistrates court orders. They only ask about civil courts “a civil court judgment against you, for example for non payment of debt”. I think this is something different from my case, am I wrong?
Any advice would be much appreciated

takitaki
Newly Registered

Post by takitaki » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
I just double checked my letters. In May 2019 I had received Summons for non payment of council tax. Then Council passed the case to the magistrates court to issue a liability order. The debt is cleared up and paid in full last week. Please could CR001 answer me the following questions please:
1) Will the Magistrates court order affect my BC application?
2) Do I have to mention it somewhere on the application or not? On the application they don’t ask about Magistrates court orders. They only ask about civil courts “a civil court judgment against you, for example for non payment of debt”. I think this is something different from my case, am I wrong?
Any advice would be much appreciated

takitaki
Newly Registered

Does CCJ effect naturalisation application ?

Post by takitaki » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:04 am

In 2017 I had a county court judgment for my flat rent (private company renting house) but I paid the full amount. I want now to apply to BC do you think this will affect my application?
Waiting for reply from senior members... Thanks

London22
Member of Standing

Re: Does CCJ effect naturalisation application ?

Post by London22 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:38 pm

takitaki wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:04 am
In 2017 I had a county court judgment for my flat rent (private company renting house) but I paid the full amount. I want now to apply to BC do you think this will affect my application?
Waiting for reply from senior members... Thanks
Hello
If a CCJ was made against someone &after the person pays the money it will not get CCJ removed .The only time to stop CCJ to happen is at the time of court hearings or before .Many people ignore court summons and enter CCJ against themselves.And even if you pay the amount your CCJ won't be removed means credit is already damaged.HO is highly likely to refuse naturalization application of an applicant if there is a CCJ against the person on credit file made in last 5yrs.

takitaki
Newly Registered

Post by takitaki » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:02 pm

London22 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:38 pm
Hello
If a CCJ was made against someone &after the person pays the money it will not get CCJ removed .The only time to stop CCJ to happen is at the time of court hearings or before .Many people ignore court summons and enter CCJ against themselves.And even if you pay the amount your CCJ won't be removed means credit is already damaged.HO is highly likely to refuse naturalization application of an applicant if there is a CCJ against the person on credit file made in last 5yrs.
Thank you for your advice.
I just checked my records on https://search.trustonline.org.uk/Search/Person and my case come as “satisfied”. Do you think Home Office will still refuse my application?
Any advice would be much appreciated thanks

takitaki
Newly Registered

Post by takitaki » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:46 pm

Another question:
"At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?
A criminal conviction
A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance
An arrest or charge for which you are currently on, or awaiting trial
A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty
A civil court judgment against you, for example for non payment of debt, bankruptcy proceedings or anti-social behaviour
A civil penalty issued under UK immigration law"

Which one do I have to select to describe my case please?

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:10 pm

takitaki wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:46 pm
Another question:
"At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?
A criminal conviction
A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance
An arrest or charge for which you are currently on, or awaiting trial
A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty
A civil court judgment against you, for example for non payment of debt, bankruptcy proceedings or anti-social behaviour
A civil penalty issued under UK immigration law"

Which one do I have to select to describe my case please?
Hi
Your case comes as civil court judgement CCJ.If that was made in last 5 yrs then HO will refuse your application but if it has been more than 5 yrs then you have the chance.Goodluck

takitaki
Newly Registered

Post by takitaki » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:34 pm

Hi there,
I am a bit confused of what do I need to write on the question "What was the court judgment?"
Do I write County Court judgment OR satisfied ?
Thanks for your assistance

takitaki
Newly Registered

Uploading mandatory docs onto UKVCAS

Post by takitaki » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:07 pm

Dear all,
I applied for a BC and I try to upload my documents onto UKVCAS website, but there is not a list available on the "mandatory docs" section so I cannot upload my docs. There is only a list available on the "Optional" section.
Please can someone advise me of how to upload my docs? eg. ID doc, referees declaration, payslips, certificates, etc. Thank you in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Uploading mandatory docs onto UKVCAS

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:21 pm

It doesn't matter where you upload it as long as all the documents are uploaded. Simply put in OPTIONAL.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.