ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extra 20 hours work on a tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

drhabeebkadri
Newly Registered

Extra 20 hours work on a tier 2

Post by drhabeebkadri » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:59 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm quite aware of the 20 hours limitation of work done outside that for your primary sponsor. However while working for some locum agencies (extra work), I was told the 20 hours is within any consecutive 7 days period which doesn't necessarily start on a Monday. So they are advocating I could do more than 20 hours a week, and just split the '7 day period' to start perhaps on a Wednesday and have not more than 20 hours in the week prior to the Wednesday and also the week after the Wednesday. Is this allowed? Does the 'week' start on a Monday? Or it's subject to one's choosing? Thanks in advance!

drhabeebkadri
Newly Registered

Re: Extra 20 hours work on a tier 2

Post by drhabeebkadri » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:32 am

Anyone please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:36 am

It is a working week, Monday to Friday or Sunday.

You risk working more than the hours if you split it the way you have stated.

Why would you risk breaching your visa conditions?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

drhabeebkadri
Newly Registered

Post by drhabeebkadri » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:30 pm

Thanks. I better abort the mission then! Just that the extra employment agency keeps telling me that they have phoned the home office and have been told that the working week is any seven consecutive day period, and can start from any day of the week. I have asked for evidence or a link from them so I can read it up, but all they say is that I should call the home office. In any case, I don't think I want to risk anything. Thanks for the reply once again.