ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for ILR too early

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mera6453
Newly Registered
Georgia

Applied for ILR too early

Post by Mera6453 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:59 pm

Hello

I have applied for set (m) and paid a fee, only to realise a day later ie today that I applied too early. Just because of a silly typo mistake in my checklist.
I haven't been to the appointment, so it's not processed yet, but I don't see an official option to put the application on hold for next 3 weeks until I become eligible. I will call UKVI, but I have doubts I will get a sensible response as per prior feedback on this forum and I am not sure it matters to them that I noticed the error myself. Any advice greatly appreciated! I do hope I haven't put my entire future in this country under risk because of this, though I am beating myself extremely hard.

Thanks a lot

zimba
Mood:

Re: Applied for ILR too early

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:56 am

Relax. You should be eligible on the day of the decision. Delay and book your appointment from the day you are eligible. All is good
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Mera6453
Newly Registered
Georgia

Post by Mera6453 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:21 am

That's a huge relief, thank you so much Zimba! However is there a possibility that my early application date might become a reason to refuse the application? I have read related topics and I thought UKVI is very strict about it.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:55 pm

No. UKVI cannot refuse your application
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice