ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Curtailment after 2 weeks abroad?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

windko
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Curtailment after 2 weeks abroad?

Post by windko » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:43 pm

Here is the story:
British husband sent a letter to Home office to inform relationship has ended before travelling with foreign spouse abroad. He mentions that the reason for separation is violence from foreign wife.

After 10 days British husband return to the UK and leave foreign wife abroad and informs her of the separation.

After 2 weeks Foreign spouse is not having any of that and wants to come back since her Biometric card is still valid. She has been living in the UK for 2 years

No letter of curtailment received, will the foreign spouse be able to return given that the letter was sent to Home office only 2 weeks ago?

She is frightening to return and claim she was a victim of domestic violence in order to get a permanent stay

Royal mail confirmed that the letter was received 2 weeks ago.

Casa

Re: Spouse Visa Curtailment after 2 weeks abroad?

Post by Casa » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:05 pm

Highly unlikely that the Home Office will have acted on the notification after such a short time. However, in order to claim she has been a victim of domestic violence there would have to be documented evidence such as a police & medical report that violence has taken place. This can be physical and/or psychological harm.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

windko
Newly Registered

Post by windko » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:28 pm

Can she travel back then without any problem?

windko
Newly Registered

Post by windko » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:32 pm

I meant to say "she is threatening"

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:24 pm

See also, Victims of domestic violence and abuse (click).

Domestic abuse is defined by the Home Office as:

Any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive or threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are, or have been, intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality. This can include, but is not limited to, the following types of abuse:

• psychological
• physical
• sexual
• financial
• emotional
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

windko
Newly Registered

Post by windko » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:34 pm

She managed to return to the UK without any problem.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:02 pm

windko wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:34 pm
She managed to return to the UK without any problem.
The Home Office is very slow to act. Unless her photo was in the front page of national newspapers, I don't think they would do anything about her. They would at one point, but it will take time.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:26 am

Presumably she will need to go through the spouse visa renewal process again in less than 6 months, at which point the HO will not issue her visa and she will be made to leave? Or does she intend to overstay and not even apply for the extension?