ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing younger sibling in to UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Koden13
Newly Registered

Bringing younger sibling in to UK

Post by Koden13 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:44 pm

Hi everyone. Need some advice and information. I’m from Latvia and lived in UK non stop since 2005. I’ve got younger sibling from my mum second marriage, she is 14 years old. She is citizen of Latvia. What do I need to have so she can come other to us here and live and study?
Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Bringing younger sibling in to UK

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:29 pm

Koden13 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:44 pm
Hi everyone. Need some advice and information. I’m from Latvia and lived in UK non stop since 2005. I’ve got younger sibling from my mum second marriage, she is 14 years old. She is citizen of Latvia. What do I need to have so she can come other to us here and live and study?
Thanks
At least until the 31st October the EU nationals may continue to enter UK simply with their national ID card or passport same like before.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Koden13
Newly Registered

Post by Koden13 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:07 pm

But as being 14 years of age, do I need anything to be carer for her? Or she can just stay with me?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:32 am

Hello

This is a huge responsibility you are taking. Especially if once here she turns up the kind of person who doesn't listen or accept authority.

If she resides in the UK at 14, she must go to school. Missing school in this county is not an option as the carer can be find or dragged to court for that.

Her parents needs to get you a letter from their local authorities that you are her carer. Otherwise, nobody would accept to talk to you in the UK. That document would help if you want to register her with the GP, School, bank...

Immigration-wise, it's not complicated, but in terms of responsibility, you are entering in a world of pain.